Tuesday, February 5, 2013

Running Late

I would like to apologize for being late this time around. Well there isn't much to look at I suppose. After today's gym session I think I have reached my body maximum for some workouts. Either I have reached the peak for my current muscle stature and weight category or I need to enforce some other muscles to push myself further. Our body is an entire system of muscles so it should not be confusing to say one muscle complex can directly influence the performance of others. Nonetheless I have been improving slowly but surely. Another approach I can attempt is simply to gain more weight. Once I reach my target strength level, I can slowly shape my body properly and focus on maintaining it. Anyway, without further ado, a blur picture of myself. Yes, I still do not own a smartphone or a good camera.


Perspective and angle plays a major role in stuff like this. Take for example a frontal pic

Yes, the slant is on purpose but you get the idea. Besides, the scar on my first pic looks bad ass. It was an awesome part of my life. I am just thankful I survived that accident and have been doing well physically until now. I am sure many people say I complain a lot but I do know how to be thankful. Furthermore, most of my complaints are not based on a greedy need but simply what I think I deserve. I know I am already very good compared to some unfortunate people out there but that does not mean I should not strive higher. Or I should just be satisfied with what I have and keep quiet while I feel betrayed? Frankly speaking, I am not that noble. 

I am working hard to improve my own life and that means something. You do not have to throw the African kid at me all the time. I donated money through the proper channels once before, even when I am still fighting for a better life. Go check my Facebook photo album. If you have so much time to be picking on people, why don't you pick on people who waste money or their life away? I was actually wondering what to write for this blog post but it looks like my inspiration has once more been restored. Now things simply flow. I have experienced enough that I have plenty to say and do not need to plan out the post.

Speaking about happenings, I guess the first month of the year is pretty intense already. I was recently offered a heavy responsibility for a chance to prove myself after I throw ideas at the door for a year or more. I was given the chance to have partial ownership of almost every aspect of a product I developed. My first opinion? It is a farce. I am supposed to sell ideas to the boss and then implement it in his stead if he agrees. I fear I may be held accountable for everything though. There is no saying if he will reject everything I sell.

Anyway, what do I really know about marketing or sales? Why can't I just provide ideas and have the marketing people be in charge of it instead of me being the bloodhound chasing them without proper power. This is not a promotion. Wouldn't it make more sense to have the proper people handling whatever it is they are good at? Feels like I am getting the short end of the stick here. Isn't this the trick where upper management offers something ridiculous, you reject, and they said they already given a chance? How much longer will I need to prove myself? When will the company prove itself? And why must I ask not what the company can do for me after everything I have done for the company? I am not asking for 3 months bonus before I finish the project. I am asking for acknowledgement that I did a fine job after I finish the project. There is a line between loyalty and stupidity. 

Why the company never bothers to find out why my trust and loyalty is so low? I feel I have no future here. I have spent so many months on the damn project. I am sure everyone did. The results are below expectation. And the best plan is to make more enhancements and delegate responsibility to the developer? Does this mean if I were to put my heart and soul into the next big project it will be all for nothing again? No matter how good I am, no matter how wonderful the final product is, it does not mean anything because success is determined by numerous other factors. The perfect database can be spoiled by wrong data. The best tool is useless if nobody knows how to utilize it. The problem, is not something I can fix.

I know I can get in trouble for this post, but for my colleagues, if you want a gist of my recent thoughts, here you go. If you know my superior, just say I am bad ass. You do not have to agree with me because this is nothing but a one-sided rant. And this is how I am viewing things. If it is wrong, please correct me. If you think I do not care about the company, check your inbox. Most likely I have sent an e-mail to everyone in the company at least once, regarding work. To those who say the company is rich, no successful person ever fall back on that excuse when they fail. It does not matter how big your reserves are, if you do not know how to use it. 


No comments: