Wednesday, May 30, 2012

Socially tired

I guess this post is rather unexpected considering I rarely blog unless it is a monthly update. I just need to get some things off my chest and this is the best place to do it. Of course I can find some friends to chat but then that is the core of the problem. Somehow, I am tired of dealing with people. A few years ago, I was naive thinking that it is simply a figure of speech. Now, after experiencing first hand, I admit and I take back my words if I ever dismissed people complaining about people fatigue. If you care about people and how they think about you, simply interacting with too many over the course of a few days will fry your brain. My irritation level is overflowing and I feel tired throughout the day even though I have enough sleep. Physical activity might be part of the cause but I am not really feeling muscle aches or heavy limbs. My senses simply dull and shut down. I cannot understand how so many people around my age or older can behave in such an illogical manner. I understand that people are unpredictable but hopefully not in a bad way. People tend to tell me that I think too much and therefore I tire myself out. If it was a simple switch, I would have turn it off soonest possible. If you know where it is, kindly point me to it. It is no mere habit.

Some people behave selfishly, some people are simply inconsiderate and some people are unintentionally rude. If all of them do not realize that their words or actions are causing people grief, where should the blame go? Simply dismiss it since they did not mean it explicitly? Then where the hurt feelings go? Sure you can swallow it but how much can you down? Life deals you a slap as quickly as it dispenses sweets. Pain and joy does not go well together and I am exhausted trying to be happy while dealing with problems. It is simply not someone like me can do I suppose. I salute the others who manage to tread through such treacherous waters with unflinching conviction. Getting out more does not help since it is only a form of escape and problems seldom solve itself. In fact it might even deteriorate. Though thinking too much about it will not help much either. At least I can figure out the reasons and how I can try to avoid a similar problem popping up later down the road. This is also why I dislike people who have a choice but made the wrong one and purposely stick to it even though they know it is wrong. There are people who are forced and then there are people like them. Such is reality, where everything is unpredictable.

And reality is always such a cruel truth. Take my blog for example, I bet the previous post got a spike in audiences simply because I post a new picture of myself. We always judge by appearances no matter how much we say otherwise. Even I do so when I go out and meet people. Even though our judgement criteria is different, we still do it our way. Why can't people view me nicely even when I am fat? Simply because I am not attractive. Now, I succumb and I play by the rules of society. However, there is a logical case here since a healthy body will generally yield an attractive or simply put, slimmer appearance. Naturally we are programmed to pursue a healthy partner for the future. Hell if I know how people choose unhealthy partners and lived happily ever after. Even though I know some things are wrong, but if society thinks otherwise, I cannot do anything. I can detach myself from society and be isolated or I can be flexible and blend in. The second option is the obvious choice but again it wears down on my psyche and my principles. Will I end up indifferent? Will I lose my own way of thinking and follow the generally accepted way of thinking?

Anyway I can't end on such a selfish note right? Here is some food for thought on health. What people think as old age diseases are rapidly changing into common diseases simply due to the generation gap. The older generation was exposed to the Internet, Bluetooth, fast food, processed food at a much later age whereas we have been eating McDonalds since primary school. How long have you been using a handphone? Since our exposure started earlier, shouldn't our health concerns be adjusted accordingly as well? I know many who do not care but there is really nothing to lose by taking care of your health. I know it is quite a hassle and it is not easy to let go of some of your favourite foods. But please do not wait until it is too late or until some amount of damage has been done before you start. I understand it is your life and your health but soon it will not be yours alone. If your responsibilities to your parents take second priority, what about your partner or future children then? How many more sad stories must I listen before the people that I care start to listen to mine? Is it wrong now to care for people? This discussion could take all night but I guess this is all from me. Take care everyone.

No comments: