Wednesday, April 11, 2012

More tips

It has been around 2 weeks since I started blogging about keeping fit. When the first post came out with a picture of my current look, I did not expect for such a sudden spike in visitors. Of course many are curious I guess. My second post did not receive such a warm welcome but that is to be expected. Either way, I am already glad that people will gain some knowledge or at least some food for thought via my blog. There will always be two sides to a coin and I am sure there are a lot of people who dismiss the things I write here too. I admit I am nowhere as impressive as real body-builders but I am trying my best. At least I am showing results and constantly improving. Anyway I manage to come up with some more health tips for those keen on getting fit. This post will be a short one though.

First of all, for people who started jogging or who is currently jogging, try to switch direction halfway through the session. If your track is a loop like the one I am running in, it helps to switch the burden of turning from clockwise to counter-clockwise to balance out the stress on your left side and right side. The same applies to people running on slopes. Try not to always concentrate on climbing the slope only though common sense dictates that it will burn more calories. Going down the slope requires effort to balance and to control your descent so it actually helps a lot and works out a different set of muscles. To stretch your calves and make it leaner, try sitting on a chair, lift your legs, hold them straight and turn your feet clockwise and then counter-clockwise. You should feel some sort of pull on the part below your knee. For those hoping to build your calves, find a step and stand there balanced on your toes. Lift yourself using your toes and then lower your feet below the step while balancing with your toes. You should feel the muscles being stressed.

I personally think going for a jog at a challenging track is better than running on the treadmill or cycling on the machine. You do not encounter turns or uneven slopes. Hopefully you will build more natural muscles though usually it will not turn out big and bulky like the ones western movie stars have. I don't really have much diet tips though. Most people who actually provide me with feedback finds it hard to even skip fast food. I can't really recommend anything more advanced until you manage to control the type of food you consume and the amount of food you consume. I agree that with our current lifestyle it is a very challenging task especially when we are surrounded by delicious food everywhere. I am not asking you to suddenly cut out everything but try it step by step. I too indulge in food once or twice a week. Usually I wait for friend invitation to hang out because that is when we eat at shopping malls or mamak stalls. Anyway I wish all of your good luck in your efforts to slim down and take care.

No comments: