Sunday, December 23, 2012

A letter to myself

This is a letter to myself. I have so much to say and yet I have none. Finally it is the close to end of 2012 and today is my birthday. By the way, the world did not end. I am officially 26 now and much have happened. Looking back throughout the year I should congratulate myself for handling it well since I am sitting here, still healthy and safe. I have finally moved out of my first rental room to another larger and more comfortable room. It is not perfect, but I think it is a good start. I am still working at the same company, without much problems. I have managed to avoid catastrophic errors and completed some projects. This year, my thoughts and opinions have changed hopefully for the better. I have removed many toxic contacts in Facebook, not because they are my enemies but because their updates feed my negative thoughts. Therefore, I think my mental well-being have improved. There is still much to be done but I think I have done my best. Dealing with people is a skill you polish through your lifetime after all.

There is but one thing. I am still poor. I could not buy many things that I wish for, including a birthday gift. However, all is not lost. Since last year, I have decided to give myself something that no money can purchase. Nobody can buy it for me. It is made with hard work, dedication and discipline. This should be one of the best things I can ever give myself.


This is not Korean superstar level yet but I am getting there. I will get myself there. For so many years I was teased for being fat. For so many years I have wished for a better body. Here it is buddy. Happy fucking Birthday. This is where everything you invest in is repaid with interest. That is not all. I wish that life will treat you better, find a great group of friends, excel at work, and generally have an awesome upcoming year. And Merry Christmas.

No comments: