Tuesday, December 4, 2012

Life. Like the Movies

I have never thought of things this way but life is very similar to the movies you watch in the cinema. In the beginning, we have trailers and ads. Some of them boring, some of them interesting and some may perhaps be inspiring. Just like life, when we are young we tend to be influenced by many factors. We go around trying to experience different things trying to find our way. Sometimes it gets boring, sometimes you get inspired and wishes to pursue something else. Finally once the dust settles, you can say that you made the final choice of deciding to watch your movie or jump for a chance of a better movie. That is the opening credits and that is when life truly starts. You never know how the movie will turn out until you watch it. You never know how life will turn out until you live with your choice.

Somewhere along the way, you wait patiently for the story or action to pick up. Some could not wait, grew bored or tired and decided to walk away before finishing the movie. I think you understand what I am trying to say here. Sometimes the film jams up or a fire breaks out or the power gets cut. Then the movie ends abruptly due to unforeseen circumstances. There is nothing that can be done. I think that is much more of a waste because it never even had a chance. A choice is always a better circumstance than eating a decision made without your consent. For some people, the story is interesting from the start. Maybe they notice something that only makes sense to them. Maybe it was the right choice.

However, never judge a movie from the beginning. Some great movies start slowly and then progressively picks up speed before ending in such a way that you could only join in the standing ovation. Some movies lose their momentum from the start and turns into a confusing mess. This is what happens when there is no direction in the movie. Usually you can pick up a strong direction or a message from an award winning movie throughout the entire duration. Different genres offers different story flow as well. There are action movies, dramas, comedies, romance and fusions. The best recipe is the correct mix of everything and when it all comes together, the movie transforms into one hell of a ride.

Good or bad, when the movie ends we hate to leave the cinema. We would be sitting around, thinking about the highlights of the movie, trying to understand the ending or criticizing how horrible the movie was. All things must come to an end, and the end credits roll before the curtain falls. Such is life. I think it is a pretty accurate representation of how things are. And I am so excited about this comparison that I have to blog about it. It is true that we could gain inspiration from the most unlikely of places. Currently I think I am still watching some trailers while munching on popcorn. Sadly, I am sitting alone though. All is not lost, as the seat will remain vacant. Maybe someone will think that this movie is interesting as well and decides to watch it together.

I was in a depressed stupor for the past few days and thanks to a friend's touch I regained at least part of my senses. It is funny that I could not rely on friends or colleagues but it was someone pretty much outside of my usual circle that gave the awakening blow. What I needed was a conversation. A normal conversation about life, about stuff.  It was a simple gesture. To think that someone would bother to write so much, it is as if I got a break from the madness that surrounds me. I do not need a joke. I know people do not mean the things they say, but it stings all the same. Right here, right now, I thank you very much. I am sorry that I could not put your name. Please, know that you helped someone today and please, live well yourself. To the others, thank you for reading this far and enjoy the incoming holidays!

No comments: