Saturday, December 1, 2012

December 2012!!

Finally it is December. It has been one hell of a year. Thankful nonetheless. Without further ado,


This is me, without exercise, after a hot shower. Well I can't proof my claim, you just have to trust me. If I am at max pump mode, at least my arms will be larger. Yes, it can still go larger. With gym membership, I have access to a variety of upper body exercise tools. Most importantly I now have dumbbells. I am still in the process of learning how to use certain machines but this is much more better than relying on push ups and the swing bar. Doing the same thing over and over again will only weaken that set of muscles during the session. I still do push ups and chin ups, just that now I have dumbbells and the captain's chair machine to add more flavor. My current weight is hovering around 68kg. Water weight seems to be around 1kg. Shoes weigh around 500g if you want a very precise reading. At 177cm, I am considered slender now.

November was an exciting month with good news and bad news. Work has not been kind to me though. Even now I am still pondering whose fault was it, how and why. Perhaps I could have avoided it? You could say it is regret but also anguish. I know I should take responsibility but the other half of me refuse to simply shoulder all the blame. But all I can come up with are excuses. Sounds stupid right? I also learnt that you can never rely on Facebook for pick-me-ups by your contacts. Words that may sound sad to you can also be viewed as an opening for wordplay by others. Couple it with impeccable timing and you get a tight slap on the face about reality. I still do not understand but at least now I know that I should avoid it. I do not want to burn any bridges, so it was very difficult to swallow things. It is a thin fine line between being patient and being a coward. It is also a thin line between speaking up and being sensitive though.

Life is indeed a balancing act and you get punished without a break. Maybe just to make sure you remember it for the rest of your life. I guess everyone goes through shit once in a while. The way people deal with things are different. The supporting environment as well as various circumstances surrounding people are different. Therefore it is only obvious that we should not judge people harshly. Things like this could befall me, things 10 times worst could befall another too. There is no telling. There is no rule saying a person cannot fall below a certain threshold of bad luck. This applies to happiness too. I better stop over-analyzing stuff like this. Things getting a bit too gloomy. Like it or not, tomorrow comes again. We can only hope for a brighter future ahead. If you need something to hold onto, invest in yourself simply because you know you will gain from it. That is why I depend on my exercise routines. I know I am making progress. Maybe you can start learning a musical instrument or experiment with cooking. Another day means another chance to progress, to get better and to look forward to.

No comments: