Monday, May 20, 2013

Light and Dark

Just came back from a friend's wedding. It was really different from all the other weddings I have attended so far. Don't misunderstand, I mean it in a good way. I have never met the bride before but after attending the wedding I can understand why my friend chose her. He has always been a passively playful person and I guess his wife serves as his extension as she is really outgoing and fun. He acts as her anchor as well. I guess this is what they say that opposites attract. However, how come I only see positive people as really annoying most of the time? Maybe this is not something one can easily understand.

It was fun catching up to people after more than 5 years apart. Besides feeling old, some of our appearances changed drastically so there is no lack of topics to chat about. It was very pleasant. The food was great too. It is too bad that this is what it takes to have a gathering after so many years. Transport issues have always plagued me. Previously during university life, it was monetary issues. Seems like even problems evolve following your stages in life. If this is the shit I have to handle, somehow I dread growing up.

It was tough for me to journey all the way to the wedding reception via public transport and having to walk the rest of the way. I forgot to bring a map I drew and my phone is of no use since it is not a smart phone. Then it rained. Luckily I brought along an umbrella. But I was hopelessly drenched in sweat. It was kinda unpleasant. When I reached, I was very self-conscious. It would have been easier if I had a car or a phone with GPS. Or at least enough money to simply splurge on a taxi. This is not something I can blame on a small social circle since it can be easily solved by me alone.

And yet there are people all over the world with everything they will ever need except the 'need' for the things. I will not blame it on my birth circumstances but simply on how hard work is not all it takes to live a good life. You can be the smartest, the most athletic or the perfect human and it will not mean a thing if you do not get a chance to use it where it counts. As much as a chance is created by effort, it is also contributed by the people around you. I understand why people say 'I am glad I am born in this era'.

Why does this happen? Is this punishment? Karma? Can I know what was my crime then? Otherwise what is stopping me from doing it again? This is not punishment. Punishment is to make someone repent for breaking the rules or the law. This is just torture. Good and bad is simply a moral compass developed by humanity to prevent civilization from imploding. Maybe reality do not work around those two parameters. Watching all those thought provoking anime is actually makings things worst. I continue to question. Things would have been easier if I was ignorant. But that is arguable since everything will be different then.

No comments: