Friday, June 1, 2012

Hypocrites and burgers. And whining.

Apparently my previous post hit a few nerves. Or perhaps I am just too sensitive? Well if you are looking out for something, anything even remotely hints at it will become the undeniable proof. People call it paranoia. Contrary to how I present myself, I actually care much about how I look to the people around me. Because that will be magnified along the social spectrum to people I have never met or know personally. And this is a very small world. Anyway I already apologised beforehand and there is always the option to not read what I write right? Everyone is entitled to their own opinions. However, it is always polite and even logical to not burn bridges with the things you say. You never know how life will turn out and you might just be doing what you swear off publicly the day before. At the very least you will be labelled a hypocrite. I am not sure about my current status since nobody confronted me about this before. I will be grateful if somebody did so that I will have the chance to defend myself or to understand where I went wrong. I personally try to give people the benefit of a doubt whenever I have the space but I really look forward to having people eat their own words. I guess some of you are hoping that I will make the same mistake too. Don't be shy about it, everyone shares the same sentiments.

Speaking of being a hypocrite, I just downed two Burger King burgers earlier complete with fries and soda. I know I have been promoting healthy eating and I am guilty as charged. I will just have to make sure my body can absorb it and come back good as new the day after. Burgers undeniably is the largest source of protein I can get with the limited amount of money I have. I know I am making excuses and you can just skip to the next paragraph if you are not curious as to how the hell will I defend myself. I have been increasing the intensity of my workouts and along the way I have resumed my usual consumption of carbohydrates. I do not skip 2 spoonfuls of rice for lunch or dinner anymore. Even so, it is still capped at under 3 bowls daily. Even with 2 burgers, the bread is not worth 2 bowls of rice and my noodles in the afternoon cannot even be considered 1 bowl. All this is just my rough calculation and I have no concrete proof of what I say. Same with my confidence in my muscle mass. A higher mass generally requires more for upkeep and growth so I am saying that I am experimenting with increased consumption to see how my body will react to it. However, I guess I shouldn't have so much fun with it now since I mentioned I will work harder for June. I will not cut back on my daily rice intake but I will cut bread and soda.

According to an article I read, your body needs to have just as much amount of carbohydrates as protein to grow and improve. The reason is that after a workout, the first thing that gets replenished would be our energy reserves and also any stressed muscle. Extra nutrients will then be assigned for growth. If you did not consume enough carbohydrates for restoration, your body will simply break down protein for storage and there will not be much left for muscle growth. Therefore this theory also explains why we need to develop our body in stages. You cannot diet and build impressive muscles at the same time. You complete one at a time in a proper order to achieve the best results. I undergo basic training for more than 6 months before I started working out properly and dieting. Once I reach a stable and comfortable weight, I start to experiment with muscle growth. I guess I should still stick to dieting since there has been no change to my abs. At the very least I hope I can cut down on another kg even though my limbs are kinda thin right now. Doesn't look nice except for funny conversation topics about how my blood will spurt out if I so much as scratch myself.

As you all have noticed by now, the tone of this title has resumed back to its informative nature instead of complaining about realities of life that will not change. Sometimes you just need to get it out somewhere. I guess it is similar to you keeping a secret from the world. You want to tell everyone, listen to what they have to say about it and add to your own opinion of the topic. People may say that I whine too much but then who doesn't nowadays? I would rather you call me a whiner than even take another day with my anger barrel spilling over. I will still be whining till I am old, complaining to my understanding future wife and I will be more than willing to return the favour. This is what couples do, we support each other, we lend a kind ear and sometimes a shoulder, we laugh and continue on our merry way. Seriously, if you never whine or your partner never whines to you, I do not believe you. Try not to judge whiners so harshly. Not everyone is as mature as you. Or as strong as you. Or as cool. Or as awesome. Some people say whiners are those who sit around and complain so they are pathetic. Dude, how can I fight against reality? There are things that you can change and there are things that you can't. To those with a religious opinion, I respect it but expect questioning and retorts. Hope you guys enjoyed this post as much as I do, take care and goodnight.

No comments: