Tuesday, August 21, 2012

Exciting month

I decided to write this post because I know I will not be able to fit in all the updates into the monthly post due next week. This month has been very exciting with changes in almost every aspect of my life. I am still single though. First of all, I finally moved to a new place. I can't be taking my laptop all over the place so here is a snapshot of my room


The room is very comfortable compared to where I used to stay. I don't want to spam this post with pictures so please check my Facebook account for a snapshot of the infamous indoor window in my ex-room. Of course it is a rather steep price hike but good things are not cheap. After staying for 2 weeks, so far so good. I am still not familiar with my housemates and they don't seem too keen to mingle around so I don't mind the status quo. 

My second update being the purchase of my new pair of shoes. It may not seem like much but the purchase is long overdue. I changed my entire exercise routine to focus more on strength training simply because I couldn't run on the track anymore without risking injury with my old shoes. Without further ado, another picture.


It looks expensive but I assure you, it is not. As long as I can run properly, I am happy. I went for a short jog earlier today to gauge my current stamina. Found out I can only run half of how much I used to run previously. I got a lot of work in front of me. I think I can have everything now. Both stamina as well as strength. At the very least, I will try my best.

This is not a new update but I just manage to pick up the item when I return home for the public holidays recently. A month or so ago, I spent some money to buy myself a ticket to a small concert or a showcase as they name it of a female Korean idol group. This is the first time I actually spent money on a musical performance of any kind. I have never attended concerts or performances since form 1 I think. Picture proof below.

 
It is none other than T-ARA. They were the subject of my grief a few posts ago when they announced that one of their members will be leaving the group. It is true we can never predict the future. I hope nothing else will happen and I will be able to attend the showcase and leave feeling content. I was only a fan of the member who left after she cut her hair so I guess the impact is not that big. But she does have some vital parts in some of the popular songs which makes me curious as to how they will handle it.

I know I will probably receive some flak for complaining about no money after I publish this post but the money comes from my piggy bank with money I saved up. However, there is another thing I learnt recently, forsake them the same way you were forsaken. An eye for an eye. I can never claim to be better than them, but at least I will feel better inside. And I can save myself from future heartache. It is a pity that some relationships have to be ended this way. 10 times I said hi, 10 times I was ignored. If you only reply when you feel like it, what does that make me? It is too tiring to be better or to be good. I will still try my best to improve myself but it is a long and painful road. This applies to both my mental and also my physical aspect. Be prepared to check out my upcoming post next week. I don't think my body improved a great deal since end of July but with my recent trip back home, I hope I managed to flesh out my body more with home cooked food.

No comments: