Friday, August 31, 2012

August 2012

It is once more time for my monthly update. Surprisingly on this month of festivities I did not have the opportunity to rest and I think I have lost weight. More on that later. My upper body figure did not change much I think.



My torso looks like it lost a lot of weight and is a bit flabby. Well, it was a hectic month after all. Let me start from the Hari Raya holidays. I went back to my hometown Ipoh to meet up with friends as well as to recover my health. I am not sick but I was hoping I could sleep as much as I want to and eat as much as I want to. I was very wrong about the sleeping part. Again I was brought out by my neighbourhood friends to pubs, yumcha sessions and gaming. This is the very same thing that happened last time. Once I went back Ipoh but did not notify them because it was only a short holiday. However, somehow it didn't feel right. At the very least, the pub we visited had awesome crew members that dance Gangnam Style as well as a handful of other Korean songs. I was very tempted to embarrass myself but thankfully managed to refrain before I regret for the rest of my life.

When I came back from the trip, it was time for me to concentrate on a big project I was assigned to. In summary, it wasn't a complete failure but it wasn't a complete success either. The weight is very heavy. I lost some sleep trying to make sure the launching ceremony went through without a hitch. But even now I am still cleaning up mess after mess. At first I was contemplating if the blame rests squarely on me but I came up with a good way of expressing the problem statement. Imagine you are selected to represent your country in badminton for the Olympic games. However, your country can only provide you with a bad racquet. You did not win any medals during the games. Who do you blame? Your own inadequacy or the equipment you were provided? Now in the aftermath, will you keep on practicing knowing that the next Olympic games you might be faced with the very same situation? It is not entirely your fault but you can't blame your country either. You will never know the answer since there is nothing for you to compare with.

Going back to personal development, I will be moving to an office with gym facilities soon. Of course I need to pay but at a greatly reduced price. So the pictures I posted today will be the last pictures that I can claim 'gymless' because I finally decided to utilize a gym to see what I am truly capable of. I am still consuming ordinary food you can buy from supermarkets or coffee-shops. Earlier I had my dinner at a mamak stall. Maybe this will change soon as well. In another front, I was reminded of how my unpredictability frustrates people. I think my social skills improved a lot but it is still nowhere being good I guess. Communication is key in this case. I need to make my issues clear but so does the other party so that we could improve on our friendship. However, I can blame the recent issues for my sudden outburst. At least those stressful situations are useful for being an excuse. Feels like my life has been cut short by a few years within the span of 2 weeks. Hope things will resolve soon. Take care and enjoy the long weekend for Malaysians~

No comments: