Wednesday, August 8, 2012

Remind yourself

Looking at the title, I bet you will be thinking that I am going to start being depressed of the current state of affairs in my life. Again. I know it took me a while but I have a better idea. I will try to remind myself of how far I have come for a change.


I am sure some of you have seen the picture above. Yeah, I merged some of my progress photos that I have in my Facebook account. The first one is actually in a private album because it is obviously pretty embarrassing to show it even to friends. Some of my friends gave encouraging comments stating that the difference is very visible. I am very happy upon getting them. Compliments are always welcomed for the ego. A great source of motivation to increase my efforts as well. My progress is nothing compared with some others but at least it is an achievement I can proudly call my own. I did it my own way, within some unfavorable constraints and I think it is only logical that I take credit for everything I have done. Anyone could have done the same provided they have the same amount of dedication as well as resources. I am not born with a fit body. I was 88kg for crying out loud. If you are handicapped, then sure, I understand your standpoint.

On another hand, if you know me from back then, I guess you would have never even imagined I could turn out like this. I myself would not have believed it back then either. But this is how it is. I dare say at the very least I look better. We live in a society that generally favors those that provide a good impression. I do not have the financial capability to deck out my appearance with top-end clothing or gadgets. I am still using a standard handphone. But what I can do is at least make that cheap T-shirt look like it is worth more. To some guys, and to most girls, why not just make the small step to be what you could be? Some girls have a very cute face but the body seems unhealthy. What is wrong with being healthy? To be pretty, to be desirable is something females like as much as materialistic possessions right? I do not look awesome, nor am I born with a handsome face, but at least I do not have belly fat or a double chin. How many of you cringe when the guy with awesome arms and face removes his shirt only to reveal flab?

Some people I know are apparently having doubts regarding their choices. Thankfully I am still able to hold strong to mine. If you do not commit everything to your choice, you will definitely end up with nothing. If you chose money, you are bound to sacrifice the other aspects of your life for it. Remind yourself of your position, your target and your distance from it. Review what else you are gaining from the journey. I chose life, and I sacrifice most materialistic gains for it as well. I dedicate everything to it, make the most out of my choice. I believe whatever I wanted to, not knowing if it will provide expected returns. With each tired push during my workouts I pushed away my doubts. It has got to work. It got to the point where I told myself, it will work. Now, happy with some small gains, I carry on. With the recent Olympic games going on, take inspiration from them. They prepared 4 years for uncertainty. Some win some lose. How many years we spent on our choices? We are nothing compared to them. And I aspire to at least match their dedication in my own way. I may lose in terms of monetary property, I may lose in the social game but I told myself, I will not lose in willpower, the one thing everyone is equal in. In a fair field, I will prove myself in my own way. As dedicated as you are in looking for money, I am dedicated to living my life. As your bank account swells, so will my knowledge, my experience and my soul. It is okay if you think you are better, because I am the one who keep tabs for myself.

No comments: