Sunday, September 30, 2012

Monthly update and 추석 잘 보내세요!

Apparently my previous post received a lot of hits due to the title being a common term. I never realized that blogs can get hits so easily. Well, I am not getting any money from this blog so doesn't really matter. Feels kinda bad misleading people though. Anyway, I need to get something off my chest. Someone voiced out that I am showing off my pictures in Facebook. So, here is what I want to say. Yes, I am showing off. I do not have a new car, I do not have expensive clothes, I did not go somewhere special or meet someone famous. The only thing I have to show off is the time and effort I spent on my body. Are you jealous then? If you think I am being a snob, then just unfriend me in Facebook. How different am I from people sharing pictures or screenshots of their achievements? Some simply want to show off course. What about those people that simply want to share? What about people with promises? Like me? If you choose to view my pictures in a negative light, I can't do anything. Just keep it to yourself. Maybe I am over-reacting or my way of thinking is wrong to you. But this is how I roll. Deal with it. If you can't make the move, just inform me. I will gladly delete you.

Alright feeling better already. The Korean titles for this blog post refer to what Koreans call our Mid-Autumn Festival. They celebrate it differently but it is a joyous occasion nonetheless. Hope everyone will enjoy the day and have fun. Don't worry I will not spoil the day, bad times can wait. So without further ado, my pictures and a slight explanation on camera angle


Well, I dare say I have managed some progress on my arms but nothing much on my chest or abs. Taking a hint from the recent body checkups I had, I might need to switch things up a bit. More on that later. My arm veins are finally complete though. I guess it is a simple matter for others but to me it marks a milestone. A year ago I did not do much strength training, fearing permanent changes. Now, my arms have lost enough fat and gained enough muscle to pop veins all the way up my shoulder. I guess pull-ups play a large role. I have only started pursuing it less than a month ago. I can't even do 5 properly. Like what I always mention, my muscles are more towards endurance muscles. Anyway, I train on the playground swing so the grip is bad and I have a lot of bruises on both my palms. Hopefully the bruises don't stay permanent.


Onwards to the camera angle theory. As you can see in the picture above, my arms look quite developed when it is actually not that impressive. Well I learn some of it from the shows I watch where they show what Korean idols actually do behind the scenes at photoshoots or commercials. They actually work out a sweat at the set to get pumped and practice numerous poses to display themselves better. The picture hides most of my body features leaving only a clump of flesh as the main object of focus so I look impressive. Honestly, how I look most of the time is displayed below.


With my body in full view, my arms straight and roundish, I simply look normal. This 'look' is actually what I am trying to pursue. I try to make my body relaxed most of the time. At the back of my head I always assume having tensed muscles all the time is bad. I have no proof of this and I think it won't look good having them bulge. Having a low profile is always better than being easily noticeable.  You have the strength when you need it but you can still blend in and get away with excuses when you want to avoid work. Posting this in a public blog will probably backfire but how many people actually read this anyway. Maybe next time I should include a picture of how I look with my clothes on. I think I look fat.

From this month onwards I am going to increase the intensity and duration of my exercises. I will go for slow runs on both Saturday and Sunday. I will try to keep my food intake especially carbohydrates down on the weekends as well. Previously I just devoured everything. I need to see if I can lose more fat. I will still have Wednesday as rest day. My strength training days will remain the same. I don't know how people can train with the same intensity everyday. I know about splitting my workouts to concentrate on certain muscle groups but I am not sure if I can last an hour pushing only my arms or my abs. If there is minimal change on October, then I will split my workout. Recently I have been getting inspiration from Olympians that train more than 9 hours a day. And here I am feeling tired barely more than an hour of exercise. Of course I should not compare with people that aims to be the best in the world, but if you want an example, why not take the best? 

Again I wish to say Happy Mid-Autumn Festival and do enjoy the day.

No comments: