Monday, October 1, 2012

Mooncake memories

Suddenly just feel like writing some stuff. The Mid-Autumn festival has always been special to me. As I walk to dinner today I saw families having fun with lanterns and candles. I was very jelly. To all you people out there who stay with families, please spend the day with them. Because here is a very homesick man. Who will not hesitate to look down on people who abandons their family today. I always like the Ultraman lantern. I was bad with the paper lanterns when I was small and usually it burns down. I do not remember if I cried back then. Candles was fun when me and my brother start to write or draw things via smart positioning. As we grow older, things generally progressed to simply burning stuff. My parents hesitantly obliged, most probably knowing this is a part of growing up. I remember burning a rubber band and it got stuck on my little finger as it melted. It was horrible. I don't think there are scars though.

The most important aspect would be the mooncakes though. I can skip any food but I definitely have to eat mooncakes. My parents always scold me as I devour it since we are supposed to eat it slowly. But old habits die hard.


Healthy eating can move aside for a bit. Yes, that is a double-yolk lotus paste mooncake. And I intend to have more if possible. Hopefully the price will drop a bit since the festival is over. I am going to run 15km a week so I think that should be enough to cover the calories. Yes, 15km a week, not a day. Even if the calories come out even at first, I hope with the extra muscle in my legs, more calories will be burnt while at rest in the future.

My memories do not stop there. I still remember the first mooncake a female gave me as a present. It was coffee mooncake. I was taken aback at first simply because I could not imagine the taste. I finished it and it tasted alright. I think I replied the next year with a mooncake of the same flavor. It felt nice to receive gifts. I think some people will know who I am talking about. I can now say I will not regret giving her away or doing what I did. After all it was one of the most interesting events in my life. And judging by recent happenings, it might be the correct thing to do. I will forever be sorry to those that I hurt during that time but some of you I can simply call it even. And to a good friend of mine, you were the only one that sat beside me, if you ever need me, I will always be there. But I am not sure if I can set you up with a girl again. Or if I should, considering how it ended.

Recently a female colleague of mine gave me an apple. It was nice too. But the problem was, the apple is a bit rotten inside. I only found out after a few bites. Maybe it was a sign that I will be forever alone, she is evil or the apple is a reflection of myself. I am no saint, I know that much. I can't say much about her though. And I hope I will not end up forever alone. I will need to live long enough to find out at least. I am trying my best to do that. The coming Wednesday I will be going for my first ever concert. At least as long as I could remember. I heard no cameras are allowed, and my phone can't take nice pictures. It is an old phone. I guess you guys just need to take my word for it. Wait for my blog post then.

No comments: