Sunday, July 7, 2013

2013 first half recap!!

Instead of answering one of the questions, I decided to ask myself, what have I achieved so far? Have I accomplished anything? Have I gotten closer to my goals? How should I live out the second half of 2013? I believe the recent short break in Ipoh has helped me answer most of the questions. Throughout it all, I think I have done my best. There really isn't much room for me to make things better unless I am ready to take a bigger risk and it is something that I really try to avoid most of the time. I know it sounds ridiculous as I portray myself as a reckless person but when it involves my livelihood stability or family, I take a step back and try to make the best decision at that point of time. My complaints about people? It only means they are expendable. If I cherish someone, I would not bad mouth or complain. If I like something, I will not talk about the negative points. Obviously now, I do not like any of those people in my previous posts.

To summarize things very briefly, in this 6 months I have managed to build up my body. I have managed to publish an article under my company. I have managed to attend a meeting with the higher ups. I believe I have gained a sizable amount of knowledge and experience. I have seen many things, worthy of the time spent. I observed people and see their true colors. I have learnt how to cook several new dishes while enjoying good food occasionally at restaurants, further expanding my palate. I kept my word to call back home frequently and to treat my parents to dinner whenever I go back Ipoh. I have invested in many items that I could only imagine previously. I now have a good pillow, good earphones, a smartphone, a proper pair of running shoes and a proper diet routine. Most importantly in this 6 months I have been able to keep myself healthy, and avoided any major accidents or incidents. I think I can move forward towards the second half of 2013 with an open heart, knowing I have done better than some to the best of my capabilities.

So what have you done in these 6 months? Before I end this post, I have decided to remove another person from my Facebook list after much deliberation. Comparing you with the rest of the people I know, there is no reason for you to behave that way. At least that is how I felt through our conversations in Facebook. And now, I only feel awkward whenever I see you in my contact list. I think my presence will not be missed so I will gladly take my leave before things deteriorate further. I have no idea how to fix things since our last exchange. I tried but apparently my words were much too harsh. We are after all two very different people. I can only wish for your health and for your future marriage. May you and your partner live long and prosper. And I will not mind if you come over and laugh at me when I am in the hospital or at my deathbed. This is purely my choice and you have no responsibility whatsoever. I deserved whatever that comes my way and what happens after. Well maybe I do not, but if there is a higher power, somehow they will have a reason for it. Else? Shit happens. I am not different from everyone, just an average person trying to live my life in this reality, in this world, searching for happiness. And that evasive soul mate.

No comments: