Tuesday, July 2, 2013

Facebook purge!

Here is the second question I am going to answer in no particular answer. To those interested in the original article, here you go:

2. What cuts you the deepest?

As most of you know, there are many things that I hate and most of it are things I have no control over. I see them as an annoyance but perhaps to you, it is entirely normal. Most importantly, I have identified that it is people that cuts me the deepest. I dare say I have never been hurt by a software, hardware, my motorcycle or my phone. They are not capable of it. I have no feelings for them. And they do not have their own thinking or opinion. Of course I have stubbed my toe on the bed post before. But that is just physical pain that will heal over time. The pain that I am referring to are scars for life. Things you will remember for the rest of your hopefully awesome life. Betrayal by your best friend, being rejected, being isolated, being wronged, all of them involves another person. And words alone have no power. But when spoken by the one you love, by the one you care about, a simple tease may just turn into the biggest insult. 

I have mentioned that I will delete people from my Facebook list, and I will do it. I do not think they will read any of this, but let me just get it off my chest. 黑鸡, I still remember the day you asked me if I have Whatsapp. I have it now you know. But you have hurt me more than you can ever imagine. It was my fortune for knowing you. You have been a great influence in my life. However I know I am not good enough for you. I know I am not rich enough, not capable enough and not good looking enough. Never have I thought that even friendship will cost money. Am I really not worth the few cents for a message? You can use your smartphone with Facebook right? You could have just kept in touch with me via Facebook. Why didn't you? Do you really hate me that much? Do I disgust you? Was being friends just my naive perception? I guess it is good that I can finally say goodbye now. I just want to tell you, I have Whatsapp now.

To the other people I used to know that judge me as worth less than a few cents, I have Whatsapp now. You can contact me for free now. Another few people that I am going to delete from my list are people who only talk to me when they need another Like or to do their web survey. So I am only good for that? I hope you lose. I hope you end up losing everything. I just wanted to know more about what you are doing now, where are you staying and just mainly to catch up. I guess your time is too precious for me. I understand. That will be my last time doing a favor for you. Consider our friendship paid in full. Well I guess you don't really care about it in the first place. If you did not win whatever it is you are participating in even with a thousand contacts, you are no better than me. And I am glad there are more people who see you for what you truly are.

Even acknowledgement is given by another person. And so is the lack of it. Everything is caused by another human being. But I cannot live alone because I am not perfect and I do not wish to be. Things will cease to excite me when I already know everything and did everything. Food taste better if you share they say. It is funny that whatever that cuts me the deepest also brings me the most joy. You can only feel happy because of another human being as well. Even if you feel happy for yourself, it is because you did something for another person, stranger or otherwise. You have another purpose except yourself when there is another person in the picture. This truth is not something that I am not aware of. We have always been walking side by side. Sometimes one side is louder than the other. Things will balance itself out, provided you give chances and enough time. I might sound like I contradict myself, but I love my life. I just hate the things that make it worst than it has to. 

No comments: