Thursday, October 4, 2012

Best Day In 2012

I will keep this short. No amount of words can correctly describe what I felt or the numerous things that went through my mind during the T-ara showcase yesterday. All this while they seemed so distant, so fake, limited only to music videos or pictures. But for the first time in my life, I saw them live on stage, dancing the same dance I have watched many times over. They are there, in front of my eyes. They exist and they are so real. The showcase was no concert set in a big stadium, being forced to stare at projector screens, being distant and far. It was a smaller scale affair but offered something so much more. I can see them smile, I can hear them talk just like the videos but only this time it is not through a screen and headphones. Photos and videos from the showcase only generate a sense of loss as nothing could recreate the sensational feeling of being there. Everyone is there, singing, screaming and generally having fun. And for the first time in a long time, I had fun.


The picture above is the best my 4 year old phone could manage. It did a great job, the best it could, but it was me who is not capable enough to get a camera or a phone with a better built-in camera. This is also a major sore point for me. If I was this ecstatic from a measurable distance, imagine how the people in VVIP seats must have felt. I bet it was exhilarating. Perhaps all you can read here is the confession of a fanboy but it is not as simple as having pretty girls waving at you. They are the pretty girls that you always see in performance shows somewhere in the other side of the world. They are the pretty girls whose existence so far is limited only to electronic content as far as I am concerned. To see them live, is a very unreal experience for me. They may never come back to Malaysia ever again. This performance will never repeat itself ever again. It will be different. Perhaps the next time they will be holding a concert at a stadium where the only ticket price I could afford is a seat far away from the stage. I definitely have no regrets.

I was not lucky enough to be called on stage nor was I capable enough to afford VVIP tickets. But at the very least I get to experience the showcase. This event will probably be my most memorable day in 2012. It left a big mark in me. Even if the world were to end, at the very least I have done something I really want to do before I die. I have attended a concert, a K-pop concert no less and showed my appreciation for the performances with no restraint. Free from the awkward glares and poisonous whispers behind my back. I was myself, being honest and letting it go. Letting my feelings take over. 2013 will be much more exciting. I should start saving money. My faith in reality has been restored somewhat. I do not know what will come. But it is always best to be prepared to face as many possibilities as you could. A fresh challenge is looming over the horizon in the form of a team building workshop. One of the things I hate the most. It could turn either way. And maybe it will be another turning point in my life in more ways than one.

No comments: