Wednesday, October 24, 2012

More things to know

Merely a continuation of what I have written from the last post, it has been a journey of discovery. Today I went back to my university as a visitor to attend my brother's graduation ceremony. It is the first time I saw the entire graduation proceeding as I have never attended any graduation other than my own previously. I should be sorry to the people I know but it was not an option to travel that far for me just to spend some time taking pictures and maybe having a meal. To be frank, our friendship is not worth the hassle. Anyway, 3 years later I find myself at the grand hall again. But this time a lot of things have changed. For one, people everywhere are using smartphones. In the hall you can see people playing games, taking pictures or simply watching videos. There was none back in my day. And firmly in my hand is my phone, still the same from 3 years ago. A lot of time has passed and yet somehow it felt like none at all. Some things have changed, but some none at all.

This time, my brother had a digital camera. Back then, I wasn't able to afford a camera. And I have forgotten to properly charge my phone. In the end, I did not have a proper graduation photo even with my parents. I had to ask a friend to take a photo of me and my parents and then send it to me. Now that I think about it, I bet my parents are very disappointed. How sad it must have been for them. This time I came back with a vengeance. Without fail I smiled and posed. I even took a top-down angled picture smiling like an idiot with my parents and brother as background. Yes, I managed an awesome self-picture. And I still don't have a camera. I will ask my brother to send me a picture of only me and him soon. Now, I realized something. I am comfortable with pictures and smiling somehow. Maybe it is due to my new found confidence. Maybe I set up the random 2012 project and started doing things without thinking. Either way, I learnt something new.

And I am going to continue the flow. I have agreed to attend my friend's pre-wedding buffet dinner this coming weekend. It has been a long time since I have seen her or any other friends from university. I have no idea what they have been up to since I deleted them from Facebook. I guess it is for the best. Now I feel the need to catch up with them. I am curious about what they have been up to, who is dating who and how they look like. It is something well worth my time and hassle to take public transportation and suffer. I wouldn't be feeling like this if I see them in Facebook all the time. Furthermore, this time I will meet them without prejudice or opinions from reading their Facebook messages that I do not agree with. And it is about time I faced them to make things clear if I have to. To have closure. Or to be inspired for my 2013 project. If she is also there, I think it is appropriate that I tell her everything as well. I have hidden long enough. It is about time everything comes to light and for me to properly put it down. After all, it has been more than 3 years.

No comments: