Sunday, October 21, 2012

Things to know

This would be a short post reflecting on my first team building trip experience with my current company. I learnt quite a lot from the trip. Reinforced some of my motivations and also inspired what I should do for 2012. I can safely say now that my body is already in a favorable condition. I may not look my best yet but I believe I will eventually reach it. My abs may look a bit bloated considering I have been stuffing myself during the trip but I think my body have achieved good recovery and should be ready for the last push. I am especially proud of my legs actually. A lot of people can achieve bulging arms and chiseled abs but not many can achieve a runner's legs. I believe I have gained a lot from building up my body and it is definitely the correct choice. To show yourself confidently in front of others is very important because without confidence you won't be able to express yourself fully and people may not get to know you very well.

I also learnt that having muscles and looking pleasant does not get you friends. It does not automatically make you approachable or popular either. Honestly, to be alone in a crowd hurts. In fact, it hurts more than being alone by yourself. Nobody to talk to, nobody to laugh with, time passes by slowly. I realize now more than ever I do not have a group in my workplace. If it is not due to the group activities I would have spent most of my time being alone. Nobody shared a picture of me in Facebook or tagged me in a picture from the trip. It is always me asking to join or meet up with people most of the time. I am afraid of subconsciously being clingy. I am still awkward towards people. Maybe they see me as a fake person since I can be very warm and then very cold the next day. I am not being cold actually. But there is no way for people to actually know me that well from the very beginning. This is definitely something I have to address in the immediate future.

Another thing I want to do after experiencing this trip is to practice singing. I am sick of being heckled in the karaoke room. I hate being teased and I hate it even more that what they say is true. Yes, I can't sing. Yes, I am afraid to sing. How many people would actually tussle for the microphone from the get go. Must I actually learn each and every song I listen to by heart? Is it wrong to not be able to sing hot songs aired in the radio stations these days? I do not listen to radio. I listen to Korean songs. I can't read Korean lyrics. I can't remember the entire song. I need to start building up my confidence in the karaoke somehow. Either I start practicing in my room and annoy everyone or I need to frequent karaoke joints once I get an increment. For the sake of my future sanity I hope I get this covered in 2013. No, this is not an attempt to impress the ladies. This is for my own pride.

No comments: