Sunday, July 22, 2012

Updates and questions

I was getting bored sitting in my room and so I find myself here again. Sorry that I still haven't update my Facebook display picture. Pretty lazy lately. For the previous week I haven't been able to get a good night's sleep due to mosquitoes or midnight toilet breaks. My work performance dwindled severely on Thursday as I stayed up late to catch a health show repeat. I couldn't even think properly as my thoughts scatter. I jump straight into bed right after work, waking up in time for dinner. Never underestimate the call for food. Thankfully, since I decided to stop going to cybercafe completely, I have been able to catch up with sleep today. I am not fully recovered yet since I still yawn in the middle of day and that is what Sunday's are for. I think 2 day's worth of rest and relaxation should be enough to reset my brain in preparation for the coming week. My project's deadline is approaching fast. Furthermore, I think the reason my muscle development hit a plateau is due to lack of quality rest as well. Hopefully, I will be able to perform better during my exercise sessions to maximize my gains. Judging from my own observation, there is little growth but more towards firming the entire frame. Maybe I should try bulking up but it may look horrible.

I have been thinking lately, what is in a name? To the Chinese, a name usually consists of the family name and followed by meaningful characters. For me, it simply means 'respect' and 'glory' or 'pride'. My brother's name is actually paired with mine as his middle name means 'ancestor'. So my parents hope both of us will be filial and honour our lineage and ancestry. However, if you put mine together it means I respect glory. Indeed I do. I respect high-achievers, people who are capable or skilful in their field. But it is does not mean everything to me. It simply is something that I value more than other aspects of a person. More on this later, better finish up this segment first. Some western countries do not share the same opinion on a name though. To them a name is only something to call someone with. It does not specifically need any meaning whatsoever. It is a fact that common names nowadays are based off terms from Latin or other languages but to the common man, there is no meaning. Of course a person does not become a criminal by simply having a negative term in his or her name. It is a general rule that every parent would like their offspring to do well in life and lead a meaningful existence so usually all names are positive.


About wealth, I have negative opinions of people with wealth. Most of them that I have met spends money easily. Of course they are allowed to do that because it is their money. But that does not mean I can do the same. When I try to explain, they just look at me like I am lying about my financial situation. How thick can they be? Call me naive, but come over and prove me wrong. Call me bitter or jealous but I also dislike people who buy things simply because it is the trend and defies all common sense. How come they could do that whereas people with better money sense are stuck with pennies? I know I have been visiting this topic very frequently but such is the frequency that I bump into people like that. They do not share the same definition of money as the people who needs it. The view and perspective are totally different. To have financial freedom and stability is a luxury. If I have it, I would have joined people for a trip to Korea. I would have joined people for concerts and outings. But my income is not as strong as it is supposed to be. People ask me to invest but I do not have that much to begin with. I am much too afraid to try with whatever little amount that I have right now. Most probably I will still be riding my motorcycle for quite some time.

Last question, I seriously do not understand how a person can switch partners so quickly while others stay single for much longer. I do not remember if I have visited this topic before but it is something I have always been curious about. I always wonder how does a person manage to get a new partner in less than 3 months after the break up. Is it an underground affair all this while? Or fate is really that efficient? Is the previous relationship worth nothing? At least to me, it reflects rather badly to the person. Of course if the couple ends up happily ever after I will eat my words but I have seen people jumping from one to another for a few times. Do they never learn? Or I am simply thinking too much? What about those that did not enter a relationship for a long time after a break up? Are they still hoping to get back together? Is the trauma so great that you do not believe in another member of the opposite sex anymore? Playing it safe and decided not to rush things? I do understand there is no right and wrong in the matter of love nor is there a measuring standard that applies to all. This is simply the opinion of an observer with no personal relationship experience whatsoever. So you can disregard everything I have said or just sit down and look at the people around you. Do not get me started on couples that marry early. That's it for now, I hope it has been a thought-provoking read.

No comments: