Saturday, June 29, 2013

A letter?

Today a friend of mine shared a website : http://thoughtcatalog.com/2013/the-7-questions-that-tell-you-who-you-are/
The questions made me think a bit and I will answer them here at my own pace.

3. If you were going to die tomorrow, what would you do today?

This is a very common question and everyone will definitely have different answers. As you may have guessed, I will write a letter. And then spend everything in my savings account. Anyway, a letter to my family would be too private to be published, so here is a letter to someone I love. Please do not take this seriously. This is just something fun I decided to do.

Hi!

I hope this letter will find you healthy and well. However, the same cannot be said for me. By the time you read this, I would have already passed away. I am sorry if you find this scary or offensive but my only intention of sending this letter is to say thank you. Thank you for everything that you have done, everything that you are and everything that you will be. So please, read this letter.

I was just like any other youth before I got to know you. The first time I saw you, I find that you are very attractive with quite the personality in your petite body. As your popularity increases, I also got to know you better. Soon, I find myself finding an interest in you as a person. The story of your life, your struggles and your passion grew on me and inspired me. Not only have you gotten my attention, you have my respect as well. You have worked hard all these years, sacrificed so much and I felt so small upon learning it. I felt that for me to even stand in the same room as you are, I have to be a better person, a better man. Aside from cheering for you among the crowd, I too doubled my efforts in my work as I try to change and to grow. 

Constantly finding myself inadequate, I suddenly have an insatiable appetite to gain knowledge, learn skills and look better. I exercised hard as I remember how you spend so many hours a day just to perfect your craft. I worked hard to improve myself, aspiring to be one of the best in the field as you are in yours. And amidst everything you will be there smiling, having fun with your friends at work. There seems to be never a dull moment in your life. Always so bright, always so cheerful. You remind me to be happy and to be strong. I chase after news about you, curious about your well-being, curious about the adventures that you have. Without realizing it, as I chase after your shadow, I fell in love with you.

Since you are so popular, I am sure this does not come as a surprise. Even though you deny it most of the time, I am sure many guys have approached you. It didn't take long for me to realize we are just impossible. You don't even know me. But I am still glad to have known you. Without you, I might have been stuck as just another guy on the street. I may not have gotten so far. It is too bad that my journey has to stop here though, I was thinking of dropping by at your hometown and maybe bumping into you. So here I am, to thank you for what you have done and for being who you are. And I hope you will continue being you, continue to be a role model for some, and continue to bring laughter and smiles to everyone that knows you. You have been the best person I have ever known thus far. Once again, thank you for everything.


The actions of one person might touch the hearts of others. You just never know. What she has done for me, is second only to my parents. This post took me 3 hours to write. I hope I don't have to send this letter for real though. I plan to live longer. Please?

No comments: