Saturday, March 17, 2012

Another hiatus?

Coming up with a topic on weekends has constantly been a struggle to me. It is not easy to come up with interesting topics from time to time especially when nothing happens in my daily life. After this post, I will stop posting daily unless I feel like it or something huge happened on that day. Sometimes posting here feels more like a chore to me than simply writing stories. This first started as a challenge and I feel that after more than 2 months, I think I have done enough and perhaps even more. Maybe I will still continue to blog daily but with far less content. I cannot predict the future. But as of now, I seriously have lost my motivation to blog as this takes quite a lot of time and the topics do not come as easily as before. I mean after at least 60 posts, I have explored so many aspects of my daily life and my past, I think readers of this blog know more about me than I myself do. Furthermore it is unhealthy to push myself to write something even as I struggle to keep myself awake after a tiring day. I could have simply wrote some gibberish but I think it will be a betrayal to loyal readers.

This will be my last topic and it will be quite short. I am rather amazed by how calculative people can be. I think I am pretty calculative too but that is mostly in respect of resources I am lacking in. For example, time and money. But I think what I am going to discuss extends further than simply measurable assets but more towards courtesy and social behaviour. I do not mind carrying something for someone or doing a favour if it is within my power and does not involve much effort. And I seldom expect something in return unless it is a huge favour. There are people that will not carry anything that is not part of his/her responsibility even if they are able to. And there are people that like to recall the past stating that he/she carried it the last time so she is not going to carry it this time. If it is something huge like carpooling then yes, it is acceptable because you are providing a service, time and effort. If you are that calculative for carrying an umbrella, I wish your future partner the best of luck.

There are also people who would rather other people suffer just because it is not part of his job to help. If you are not helping an accident victim, it might be understandable because you do not want to get involved, you do not have proper training or simply you do not dare to take action. But just because it is not your turn to change the water cooler, does it mean you cannot help a weaker colleague carry the water? You think you are smart just because you avoided being the last one to drink? If that is the definition of smart, nobody would even go near the water cooler. People everywhere have an ugly side to them. Oftentimes it is bearable if it does not harm or affect the people around them. I too have an ugly side. However, can't we all do something about it? People usually do not realize they are being annoying or even harmful until they are being told. Even then, they may not accept it because nobody else dare or bother to tell them anything. If you consider yourself a friend of mine, please let us sit down and share our opinions of each other. Promise yourself that within that discussion, there will be no hard feelings.

Anyway, that is all for my idealistic way of thinking. I know most of it is not practical in this day and age but I will still try to uphold my personal values. I might blog again tomorrow or at least the latest will be on the last few days of the month, when I will post my progress photos. Until then, take care. If you are bored, perhaps read through some of my older posts or contact me directly for a chatting session online or in person if you stay near me. Thank you.

No comments: