Wednesday, March 14, 2012

Insults and me

After checking the visitor details, it is apparent that nobody from Malaysia visited since yesterday. I guess I should really consider stopping soon since it is actually taking quite a huge amount of time to write a post. I did gain a lot from writing daily in this blog but I don't really like to only write occasionally. Most probably I will forget about it and it will just be the same as stopping in the first place. Might as well just erase it from my mind for now. As you all may already know, today is actually White Day, exactly 1 month after Valentine's Day. Boys who got chocolates from girls should return the favour as courtesy or something more. However, this cultural habit is only observed in north east Asia, mostly Japan and South Korea. Here, Valentine's Day is cherish the female day. So much for gender equality. I went badminton today after skipping last week and it was disastrous. I guess stopping for a week and being tired doesn't help much. Furthermore my partner is in the same condition as me so both of us lack motivation. There is always next week but it felt like wasted time and opportunity.

The main topic today is about insults. I thought I blogged about this before but it wasn't a title so I guess it is okay. And I need to get this off my chest. First of all, I am against people that hurl the words 'stupid' and 'crazy' casually. It might sound harmless compare to swear words but to me it is verbal abuse. At least in swear words, you know that the speaker is using it to enhance the effect instead of really meaning it. I seriously cannot take it when people started labelling me like that out of the blue for something I did. Before you started calling me stupid, would it hurt to understand why I did what I did? Maybe I am just sensitive to this because I honestly feel anger. Who are you to call me stupid or crazy? I don't even feel that much when people called me a pervert or a fatso previously. Perhaps it is a direct assault or a challenge to my pride and my integrity as a person, my knowledge and my personality. Lastly, if I really did a silly mistake, yelling will not make things better. You should be smart enough to know that right?

Another kind of insult that I cannot take are those hidden insults where knifes are cloaked within innocent words. It doesn't mean much to other people but it holds a different meaning to you due to a certain event. I think it is common for people to be pissed off when they realized on their own what those sweet words actually meant. I would prefer you to insult me directly rather than trying to act polite and innocent. You cannot pin the blame on them because the words they used have double meanings and others may simply say you are too sensitive. You know you have been insulted and you are actually forced to stay down instead of on your own volition. Some smart people do counter on the spot with their own hidden meanings but not all can do that. Things have grown to be so complicated nowadays. So many things have changed. I realized now more than ever, it will be almost impossible to go back to how things were in the past. Even if you do not change, others will. Take care and enjoy Thursday!

No comments: