Wednesday, March 14, 2012

Wisdom and me

Looks like less and less people actually reading my blog. Though I wasn't supposed to care, it is a bit disheartening. Maybe some of my posts got too personal and drove them off? I am not so sure. Nevertheless, I will continue writing since most of it is for myself. As usual I will try to keep the post short. Since nowadays I am blogging half awake it should be easily accomplished. Today I missed my exercise again due to the rain. Even though some of my muscles still hurt after the rather extreme Sunday workout, I was really aiming for some running. You can't actually do much cardio indoors and that is the only way to maintain a high heart beat at a steady rate. I need the fresh air as well. In the end I settled for some random exercises that I thought would help and also to switch up my routine. I didn't really want to do strength or endurance exercises due to high possibility of badminton tomorrow. Usually my right arm would be useless the day after and thus I need it at peak condition to survive.

Usually people would mention wisdom as experience or general knowledge that is applied to daily issues and problems. Wise people do not view things as one-dimensional and seldom make hasty decisions. Though that is the general perception. The reason why I chose this topic is someone actually quoted me as a wise person. I might be compared to some but a proper comparison can never be done. It will be too unfair for the other party. First of all not everyone has the same amount of experience in a particular field. Perhaps it might be accurate if people uses wisdom to represent the amount of experience someone has. Though usually it is meant as a compliment that the person is very clever and such. Some experience are gained whether we seek it or not. For example, a person might have very deep knowledge of dengue fever because he or someone close to him has experienced it before. I doubt the victim had a choice.

I am by no means clever but I consider myself good at expressing feelings or thoughts and understanding others. I feel that I am good at deducing assumptions from the information at hand. All of it is via experience. A person becomes good at explaining or listening if the person does it very frequently. It is a skill that can only be gained through practical means. Now that I think about it, the term 'wisdom' is actually kinda appropriate if you take it as acknowledgement instead of a compliment. This is a bad habit of mine to dive too deep into meaning of words. But words alone can change the world if wielded correctly by the right person at the right time at the right place. I still yearn for more experience, for more knowledge because I think I will never be satisfied with myself. We should never get too comfortable with where we are currently or be too satisfied. That would only limit ourselves. Starting from next week I will start to work harder for my body. I must get better. I will not let even my laziness stop me. Take care and enjoy Wednesday!!

No comments: