Saturday, March 24, 2012

Luck and me

After the explosive blog post yesterday, I guess the thoughts keep on coming. As I wake up this morning, the full impact of missing the SNSD performance yesterday touched down. But I find solace in the fact that no one person could do everything I saw. Some dedicated people willing to invest time, money and effort to actually provide close ups of the girls at the performance as well as the airport is indeed awe-inspiring. Furthermore apparently some of the footage is partially luck as well because one cannot predict which side of the stage will the girls appear or where they will depart. Watching those videos in the morning made my heart sunk a bit but I am also glad to watch them. On another note, today is the start of my salad dieting. I intend to eat less than 1 bowl of rice during weekends if possible. Honestly, the salad tastes horrible with tuna. I need to find a better substitute. The honey chicken I bought tastes awesome though. Even though I rinsed the meat through hot water to get rid of oil and gravy, it is still rather sweet.

Back to luck, I think it is the deciding factor in many things. A lot of aspects of our life can be influence by it though people might call it as fate as well. Are you lucky with money? With people? or with your career? Some people hit unfavourable road blocks in every job they work in whereas there are people who enjoy a smooth career 30 years in the same company. Of course most of this aspects inter-relate as well. I think I do not have much luck with money or people. So far I am still satisfied with my career since there are no major hiccups that I could not handle. My health and safety luck is very good I guess since I still have all 10 fingers and toes. There are so many things that I need to forfeit since I do not have the monetary resources at that moment. So many negative feelings accumulated from mixing with people that is incompatible with me. But blaming it on luck might be too convenient an excuse would it?

I guess it is true. However, I can also call it my coping mechanism or my 'escape'. What about people who call it fate? They should be in the same group too. This boils down to acceptance. How do we accept things that happen to us or people around us? How do we accept the circumstances that surround us? Perhaps luck and fate are simply human concepts that our ancestors come up with in order to cope. Indeed I still feel bitter every now and then even though there is a handy scapegoat for me. I am trying to make my life better and to stay true to my principles but they tend to collide. I always complain about lack of money but I can easily amend that with freelance jobs. But then I will need to sacrifice more of my time instead of spending on other projects. Furthermore freelance jobs come with a deadline which we must obey except for severe emergencies I think. Is this the only way? I can find another job but there is no telling if it will be the same as my previous job which lacks freedom. We can never have it all. All we can do is try our best.

No comments: