Monday, March 12, 2012

Paths and me

Seems like I get most of my views from backlinks nowadays. The audience from USA is double the audience from Malaysia. Today I will try to keep the post as short as possible because I am tired and it is late. Earlier I tried to double my exercise routine and now I am paying for it. My thighs ache. And the startling revelation that my stomach muscles are now stronger than the rest of my body. Either that or I am doing it wrong. Now I can do sit-ups and crunches until my arms and legs waver but my stomach remains strong. If this is the truth, I think at least my arms got a lot of catching up to do. I am satisfied with my progress so far but not at all satisfied with my current fitness level. I still think I am lacking in overall strength because I never go to gym and I only exercise against gravity or my body weight. Seriously, I could not do push ups more than 25 times continuously even on a good day. And I doubt I can do chin-ups easily either. I think my muscle build is only based on frequency of usage instead of real explosive strength. Meaning my arm is thick because I swing it often and not because it is strong.

So why don't I just go to gym and receive proper training you ask? I personally think it is not practical for my current circumstances but in relation to the topic, I do not like to follow existing paths. If you follow a path, you will surely know the destination or where it will lead. I like to wander along and see what else I can discover along the way. Sure this may end up taking much more time then needed but I am willing to take the risk. After all, maybe I can find a much better path for myself. Some people do not like uncertainties. I also do not like important things to be vague but I guess this is some sort of enjoyment for me. I mean we are following rules and procedures and public opinions so much that I find it hard to breath. Maybe this is also the reason why I kept my hair long. I wish to create my own unique identity instead of being just another typical guy. Of course being too radical is not healthy but I think it is not too bad. Forging my own path makes me appreciate the journey and the destination much more than if I were to follow the path of another.

Most of the time, the challenges of creating a new path is even tougher than simply following another path. It is uncharted territory and nobody can provide helpful advice and there is not much information that you can rely on. All you can do is deduce your own conclusions and find your own meaning about things. I think this summarizes our current life as we head out into our own careers outside of the comfort zone. Away from our hometown, away from parents where things are new and we need to be independent. But from there we become a better person hopefully. As usual there is no right or wrong here. It is after all your own life, your own happiness and your own future. This is also a message to a friend that recently made a huge decision that would have been devastating to others. She asks for support but I personally think that others have no right to criticize. What we can do to help out is to stay neutral else you might just ruin their relationship. They should make the final decision because they are the ones that will live with it later on. It is always easy to comment because we are not personally involved. Anyhow, do take care and enjoy Monday!!!

No comments: