Thursday, January 5, 2012

Age and me

After the badminton session yesterday, today my whole body aches. It is good to know that I have successfully exercised most of my body but it is very inconvenient when your body gets stiff and painful while moving. However, I persevered and managed to go for a walk and stretch my body a bit. The pain did not subside though but hopefully it helps in the long run. Usually a good rest will be accompanied by an improvement in fitness as the body recovers stronger than before. Regarding the walk, I saw a dude playing basketball with his friends and he looks skinny but muscular. His figure looks as though plastic and rock hard. I am by no means aiming for that but just made me wonder if he went to the gym or simply sports? Now I find myself checking out dudes and comparing myself with them. It is a good and bad thing depending on how you look at it.

Today I spend part of my time thinking about my post yesterday. Actually I think it is not fair to entirely blame other people too. It just happens that our circumstances are different. Maybe I am just angry that they are not understanding or at least they do not show it visibly to me. It gets worst when some of them nitpick about my financial situation which is severely aggravating. Well that is just how some of them are. Hope things will keep getting better and better for everyone. I may not strike it rich tomorrow but I just want to be able to do what I want to do. Even getting fit requires money nowadays. It would be a lie to say that I am not envious of my friends that have a good paying job, drive a car and go hang out at expensive places. What I can do now is to just concentrate more on the other perks that come along with my decisions in life. For example, I seldom OT and I only work 5 days per week so I make full use of the spare time.

For the rest of my time I spend mostly chatting with my colleagues. It is very true that age plays no influence on how a person behaves or thinks. Some people say I think like an old man which I prefer to rephrase as matured for my age. Okay, you can stop laughing or risk choking on your saliva. Frequently we hear people getting life lessons from kids half their age. Usually it is because we tend to over-complicate issues and miss the whole point. Sometimes the solution is so simple that a primary school kid can tell you about it. It is good advice to never brush off anyone with an opinion if possible. I am not saying that blocking your enemies in Facebook is wrong but at least listen to what others have to say. However, some people don't really care about the thoughtful opinions of others.

Today someone older than me was behaving rather childishly whereas someone younger than me actually sat down and listen. It is a surprising reversal of roles but I think we will always have a childish streak in us and people will grow up someday. I think I also tend to behave childishly even in a serious situation. Hopefully I can change for the better. People offending each other is a fact of reality around us and mostly it depends on how people react to it. Anyway, not everyone can sit down and listen to advice. But most of the time, advice given by our elders are actually very useful in life. It is just that when we heard it, we do not know when or how it will be applied. I do not expect people to listen to me because I do not listen to people previously as well. But I should at least do my duty as a friend who cares.

Advice is kind of like a shortcut in life where an experience is summarised into words and bestowed verbally to another directly. This is a good practice but without experience, the advice means nothing. Before the pain, humans do not know that it hurts no matter how much warning is provided. The best way of learning a lesson is to experience it first hand and come up with your own thoughts and conclusion. However, there are lessons where people do not survive to benefit from it. I can only hope that it will not happen to any of us. Usually people attribute age with experience but some people never experience much even though they are older. The life of each person is different. To those with a lot of experience, do try to care for those that need your opinions. And please be patient with them if possible. Most of the time I am not. That's all for the post and enjoy your FRIDAY!!!

No comments: