Tuesday, January 31, 2012

Diet plan A and me

Refusing to give up thinking of a meaningful title and yet too lazy to actually give a damn, I came up with Diet plan A. Today's blog post will be a bit more focused on the changes that I will make in my diet to further enhance my weight loss if there are any in the first place. If the weighing machine tells no lies, I have not lost or gain anything for the last 2-3 months. To tip the scales I have decided to try eating a heavier breakfast without carbohydrates. Taking inspiration from my recent holiday in Ipoh, I will invest in some cheap cooking utensils to at least prepare hard-boiled eggs as breakfast. Currently I only drink a big glass of chocolate milk before heading to work and then will proceed to munch on high-fibre biscuits around 11 before eating lunch around 12.30. I don't think the intake is heavy but perhaps just a glass of milk is not enough to kick start my metabolism for the day.

Another change I want to attempt is having my dinner earlier. A simple search online reveals many contradicting reports but perhaps the miracle of me maintaining my weight throughout CNY with only 15 minutes of stretching each morning is related to early dinner. Or perhaps it is due to the stretching done in the morning instead? Perhaps I need to include that in my plans. But I hate to be sweaty early in the morning when I am still drowsy and half awake. I get excited over things like this easily because I cannot wait to see if there will be positive progress. Furthermore the constant bombardment of male Korean idols have left me unsatisfied with my current condition. Gone are the days of Western muscular adoration. Why be big and intimidating when you can be cool and awesome? I am not working out to be a bouncer, I am working out to feel good about myself and be healthy.

A quick glance throughout my day today reveals nothing else interesting happened. Nothing much happen at work except for some random rants. Tomorrow will be the first time a new weekly meeting activity will be held to discuss current happenings with our superiors. Maybe it is something to look out for? I dare say I will go in with my gun fully loaded but after a short discussion, seems like it is not wise to go in full power right now. First of all, it is simply the first meeting. Secondly, I guess I shouldn't create an aura of rebellion especially after the public declaration by a fellow colleague about our pay. It is a tricky situation but I guess I should just wait and see how it goes. I should never miss a chance to display my creativity and spunk but I do not know if I might be being too aggressive about it.

Tomorrow will also be badminton night and it is rumored that we will have a small gathering and toss 'yu sang' during dinner. Hopefully it will be enjoyable. I am actually very unhappy with the Internet line in my room. Maybe it has always been weak and slow but I hate it when my downloads come up with errors. Well, I can't afford Unifi so this is the best I will get for the price I am paying. Internet has been such an important aspect of my life. Or I should say 'connectivity'. Some nights I never even have 1 proper conversation on MSN and yet I still log in automatically. Feels weird not logging in. Anyway, that is all from me, so take care and enjoy Wednesday!!!

No comments: