Monday, January 2, 2012

Korean dramas and me

This long weekend feels like a week has passed for me. Feels like many things happened or perhaps I am just too tired now. Most of the time I find myself getting more tired when I am away from work because I start to ignore my sleep thinking I could sleep whenever I feel like it the next day. And most of the time it doesn't turn out that way. I am glad to see more and more people starting to get on the fitness bandwagon as a new year resolution. With the recent outbreak of sickness, obesity and untimely deaths it is understandable that everyone will be worried about their well-being. Where else to start than to change your lifestyle into a healthier one? For those people that are already active, perhaps stop smoking or try to skip alcohol whenever possible?

Today my housemate decided to go jogging at TTDI and I was more than happy to tag along. All this while I have only jogged at a small playground near my house with a circumference of around 300 meters. Therefore to achieve my quota, I will need to circle the place more than 10 laps. Anyway, it is a chance to seriously test my stamina against a proper jogging track and also to see if my fitness level is satisfactory among other runners. We arrived at the place and it is seriously packed. First time in a long time I have to evade people coming from the opposite direction as well as people heading in the same direction. Suddenly it became an obstacle course with kids on bicycles randomly turning and elderly people swinging their arms helicopter style. However, the new environment is indeed very refreshing.

By the time I am done I feel very tired but very good as well. Apparently I am at least on par with some of the regulars there with buff bodies. However, the one thing that attract my eye is a petite female going through her paces round after round. She definitely outran me in terms of distance. Very inspiring to see that a female representative has respectable willpower and endurance. For her to train up to that level would mean months of dedication. Too bad my glasses were left in the car so I can't really see much. Don't worry it is definitely a female. My vision is not that bad yet. Anyway it was fun exercising there with a crowd and if I have transport, I will surely go there once more. At least there are more exercise equipment available for the public.

Guess I will always be attracted to females that break the norm. Find it very interesting and wakes up my curiosity to actually want to understand a person better. And now comes to the korean drama part of the blog post. I am currently chasing after the korean drama that is concluding tomorrow. Very idealistic love story with not so normal characters. Anyway finally I saw my theory of true love in a drama. The love rival of the male lead decided to give up after seeing that the guy has no doubts of sacrificing himself for the female lead. It is not as simple as a dramatic speech since it involves action but I don't think the male lead knows that he will not die either. It is a question I hope I can answer correctly in the future. I still do not have my own answer yet. I don't think I can lay down my life for any of the girls I liked in the past.

With this I think I have turned a complete 180 degrees regarding romantic, comedy and tear-jerking dramas. Few years back I do not understand why people like to watch all those dramas that involve love and a lot of crying. Now I willingly devote my time to sit down and watch while holding an extreme interest in how things will end. We really do change a lot as time passes by. Hopefully most of the changes involve positive growth. As to why such a sudden interest exploded from within me is beyond my own understanding. The stars of the drama is not those korean idols that I like. However, I do feel uncomfortable when I watch with my family at home. Feels weird when the female lead cries and the whole situation seems solemn. I don't mean I cry along but there is just this awkwardness.

I have still much to go regarding my personal understanding of myself. Is it naive of me to ask others to try understanding me then? Perhaps I am seeking people to help me discover myself as well. Not many can claim to have a perfect understanding of themselves. I enjoy random things every now and then but I am quite sure what my short term goals are and what I enjoy doing. I can plan out my time properly and as a result will have less regrets I hope. Some things are never meant to be taken seriously but those things are defined differently for each person. I admit I am very sensitive and emotional at times. But I will gladly pay the price for being honest to myself. Hope this post messes with your thoughts a little. Take care and enjoy Tuesday!!

No comments: