Monday, January 16, 2012

One after another

My shoulders are still sore, my arms are stiff and my legs are weak but today has been yet another great day. Before I get ahead of myself, I guess I should just be content with the things that happened instead of making assumptions and spoiling everything. Yesterday I blogged about how small innocent wishes do come true sometimes. Today another small but not as innocent wish came true. As I was doing my rounds during exercise today, I was staggering up a slope and my thoughts were wandering around. Just like any other young healthy male, I was thinking how nice it would be if there was eye candy. A car came in the opposite direction, parked and out came a hot chick. Granted I wasn't wearing my spectacles, my sight is not that bad yet and I was just laughing at the sheer coincidence. 2 rounds later, another female I have never seen before was running too. And that my dear readers, was the highlight of my day.

Being an otaku and having been hit by the Korean Wave, you would say that my expectations of a female is what people call absurd. And yet a girl with a healthy figure was running in front of me, hair jet black, tied up in a pony tail and it was almost waist length. I do not care about her facial features or her personality, because to simply spot a girl with almost everything I could ever wish for was totally impossible until now. And she was exercising. How many pretty girls that you know actually bothered to run at the park and not hit some high class gym? How many pretty girls actually exercised instead of relying on dieting? You can say maybe because she was forced to run at the park at gunpoint but I do not care. This chance encounter alone has totally re-spark my hopes of actually finding a girl that I will truly cherish within my lifetime. No, I didn't get her number or her name but I now know that someone like her exists.

The reason why I made such a big fuss about it is because for at least 2 years, I have no interest whatsoever with females that I get to know or see. Perhaps that helped me improve my talking skills because nothing is at stake then. I do not care much about how I end up looking or how they think of me because I think nothing of them outside of acquaintances or friends. Since then, it has become my default stance. Now I do not know if I should even be thankful that I am still single. What would you people do if you saw someone that fits your dreamy description of an ideal partner? Would it be considered wrong if you wish your current partner is like that? Or if you were single you will totally approach the person? Is it human nature? Would you risk a stable relationship? Would you doubt your own feelings? As always, it might not be a good idea to think too hard about all this things.

Oftentimes I think I am a relationship destroyer since I kind of promote all this doubts. I am sure it is karma that I am still single right now. But I think it is a good thing to simply stop and re-evaluate your life right now. Is your partner really the one you want to spend the rest of your life with? To have a family? To go through thick and thin? Or you simply do not want to be alone? This is actually unfair to the other party since the emotion and commitment invested might be different from yours. But I am sure this is something all relationships face. It is very hard to actually confront your partner and ask about the future of the relationship. If you yourself is doubtful, then should you waste time? Especially when a better candidate emerges. Not a random person on the street but someone that managed to get inside your social circle and coincidentally your heart?

As I scroll through my Facebook wall, I tend to see more and more people getting married or congratulating another person for it. I am not saying that I envy them, in fact I honestly think I am far too young to get married. I am not exactly in a rush to make babies either. Well, I guess we can never predict how other people will think. Marriage is a major turning point in life. Your priorities switch, decisions now involve a significant other and Chinese New Year holidays are never the same ever again. Living together is something new for most couples and hopefully things between them will never change. Lastly, getting married is never a ticket to happiness. Problems that currently exist in your relationship will not disappear just like that. Anyway I think I should stop here before I offend more people. Take care and enjoy Tuesday!!

No comments: