Saturday, January 7, 2012

New routine and me

Note to self, never ever watch the food channel before bedtime. No matter how much I eat a few hours earlier, I am bound to get hungry. Things look just so darn good. Even though I am trying to follow a diet now, I am in essence still a glutton and likes to enjoy a good satisfying meal. And speaking of a feast, the Chinese New Year celebrations are drawing near and most probably I will have my wish granted. I still need to note the amount I eat but simply tasting those awesome food especially those that only emerge once a year is good enough for me. Usually people will say 'Once a year, it is alright to go all out' and dive into it. However, I am not about to let 2-3 weeks worth of effort go to waste. Even though I may be exaggerating but I am very keen on taking a nice picture for next month's fitness post. Previously I mentioned that I will be taking a picture of my figure once every month right?

Today I tried a new exercise routine and ended up getting blisters on both my big toes. Previously I use weekends as the time for my body to rest up and recover but now I am trying to fit in as many light exercise and stretches as possible. This is why I have been taking 30 minute walks around the neighbourhood on a resting weekday as well. Anyway the routine involves a lot of hopping and skipping while swinging your leg around so I guess it has been hard trying to balance myself. The weight of my body is concentrated around my toes and so perhaps the increase in friction caused blisters. Most importantly it raises my heart rate without much straining. Currently I am only playing around for 5-10 minutes per session 3 times a day. Hopefully I can extend it to 15 and later perhaps 30 minutes. As they say, never hurts to create variety in our exercise routine. It will take a while before I can see results though.

Today is also the day my housemate's brother came back here. His flight yesterday was delayed so he only step back into the house today. It was great seeing him again and now there is another person to go cybercafe with. However, I have been living in my current environment for so long, things don't really change much here. Today we visited the cybercafe together after a long time and well even though the game was entertaining, it still feels kinda empty after that. Enjoy the moment as people say. I think I never mentioned this before but I am trying to find a new place nearby to stay. Actually I had that thought for a while now since this rental room is not exactly idealistic. The reason why I finally feel the urgency for it is because some of my Ipoh friends actually said they may move to KL after the Chinese New Year. If they do, my life in KL might change a bit. Too early to say for the better or worst but a change is welcomed nonetheless.

For the first time, I think I will cut short the post. No point going on and on about things that do not arouse interest. Furthermore it is way too hot to even concentrate. My head feels kinda numb now. I guess I should hit the sack early and give my body whatever rest it needs. Tomorrow will be Sunday and I still have some office work to do. But it is a Sunday for crying out loud. I want to laze around on my bed or simply sit at the park and enjoy the wind. I have been drenched in melancholy for so long that it became one of the things I cherish. Kinda like being in the rain for too long and then you grew a liking for it. To daydream of things that were, of things that could be and of things that will be. Negativity has become such a deep part of me without me realizing. However, as they say we are made of our hopes and dreams. Where we stand now is a direct consequence of what we aimed for. Enjoy your Sunday and take care!!!

No comments: