Sunday, January 8, 2012

Taglines and me

Today I started spamming a new tagline that I thought about recently in Facebook. Instead of the usual 'Carpe Diem' which means 'seize the day', I thought, why not straight claim ownership of the day by saying 'the day is mine'. Since I am going to make a random proclamation, why not blow it out of proportion? And true enough the day has been mine. I feel pleased with the way I spend it by doing things at my own pace and my own discretion. No waiting for indecisive or late friends, no random interruptions, no wasted activities. Well at least in my opinion and that is the most important right? Even though I would like to spend time with people I know, doing things we enjoy but if I am left alone, might as well bank on it and make things happen.

Anyway I managed to stick to my exercise schedule and also settle most of my office work. That much is a success already. But now I worry about my workout tomorrow because it will be the first time that I tried to jog without proper full day rest. Yes, at a speed of less than 10km per hour it is actually a jog. I am ashamed. Even though I always claim the exercises I do as light but apparently it falls under the interval training category. I may be stretching it a bit but my heart rate increased a lot and the stretching really creates some strain in my muscles. I feel some aching even now. Upon further reading, it seems that high-intensity interval training is way better at burning fat than jogging for 30 minutes a day. Means I have been doing the wrong thing for 9 months? There are still benefits with jogging which include increased stamina, but I may need to re-think my weekday exercise routine.

After the office work, chores and exercise I was already feeling satisfied accomplishing so many things in a day. Furthermore I think it would be better for my body to rest so I ditched the third round of light exercise and went for a walk to Tropicana mall instead. Just to take in the Chinese New Year feel and also to snoop around to see if there are fitness shops or not. I need a 10kg weight. Once I reach the place, all the decorations are up and the familiar songs are nuking the entire lobby. Feels nice. I promptly move towards the supermarket session to scout for offers and instead I saw someone in God of Prosperity costume. While making my rounds, I saw a pretty girl but each time I try to catch her face to face, something will be blocking the way. Well I wasn't really trying but who could resist having another glance at someone attractive?

This post took me almost 2 hours to complete. I am here chatting, listening to Korean songs, posting in a forum about Korean idols and blogging. Thanks to some unexpected visitors at my place here, the place has gotten a bit cramped and chaotic. Wonder how will I be able to tolerate my children if I do get them in the future. Anyway, the noisy days will be here to stay for a bit so I can only bear with it. Tomorrow will be the start of a new week and a new day. What are your hopes and aspirations? Most people dread Mondays but to me, it isn't really that much different with other days. Maybe because I don't go out much or what I do on weekends is almost the same as weekdays. Which either means my life is very free or I have no friends. Jokes aside, I guess I will be cutting short this post too. Have a great day ahead!!

No comments: