Tuesday, January 3, 2012

Muscle ache and me

I am not sure if it was due to over-exercising, bad form during push ups or I simply overdid it, my left arm's nerve was affected. There is a stinging pain whenever I lift my arm a certain angle and it is not the dull pain from muscle aches. I actually woke up before the alarm rang this morning due to the pain. I thought it was me sleeping on my arm but the sting persisted throughout most of the day. Now it feels a bit better after I force myself to perform some stretching during my walk around the park close by. This is the first warning shot by my body and it would be wise to heed the warning. Luckily tomorrow is badminton night and I play using my right arm instead.

Perhaps it is due to the uneven strength between my left and right arm. I use my right arm for sports while the other is only for writing or holding the spoon. I have been trying to make up for it by purposely doing more repetitions using a dumbbell but seems like it isn't working that well. However, the dumbbell I am currently using is only 4kg so there isn't such a big impact. I might invest in a heavier one but developing my arms is not a primary concern. Luckily my legs still feels okay except for the usual muscle ache. My calves do seem to look rather unsightly but apparently it is one of the last places to benefit from weight lost. Same thing with my abdomen. Both my hands and my feet are rather gaunt but looks like there is still much more to burn. It is kinda hard juggling between a slim and toned figure with bulkiness.

Been looking up a lot of stuff on Youtube recently and found a fitness video featuring some of the Korean idols. Even though the exercise routine that they promote looks rather girlish I can tell you honestly that it is not by a long shot. I was already gasping for air halfway through the entire routine. Little did I know that hopping AND flexing your legs are that tiring. Furthermore in the video they highlighted that their legs are actually very firm. When I try grabbing my calves, I think my fingers sunk a centimetre or more into the flesh which was disappointing. Even though I jog 3-4km 3 times a week, I think my thighs benefit more. There is plenty of work to be done on my body and what I need now is just patience. I believe if I continue my workouts and my current diet, favourable results will show.

Referring to my post yesterday, the Korean drama I am chasing concluded today and I was lucky enough to be able to watch the whole thing before the houseowner took over the TV. It sucks not being able to watch the full credits but good enough I guess. Among the things highlighted, it sucks to be an immortal because you might experience someone dying on you twice due to theory of reincarnation and karma. It is very realistic to see the male lead getting weepy when the female lead realizes and says thank you for him sacrificing sleep to accompany her before her death. Lastly, it always ends with a happy ending even though the events that precede it usually doesn't make much sense. Well it was entertaining while it lasted and the new China drama showing tomorrow fails to attract my attention. Back to anime or maybe I should start on some of my planned projects?

I think it is about time to buy a TV for myself. I think the houseowner might increase my rent if I did that though. Currently I am paying a flat price which includes water and electricity. But my bank savings look so-so only even after 2 years working in KL. I mean I have savings but it is not like I could simply splurge it on an indulgence. Expenses here is by no means cheap and there are oftentimes unexpected and unavoidable spending. Decisions to make and a life to live. Things we need to face head on everyday and tomorrow is no different. I will stop my blabber now and would like to wish you all take care and have a nice Wednesday!!

No comments: