Thursday, January 19, 2012

Wishes and thoughts

Today yet another small wish came through surprisingly. A few days ago, me and my colleagues had lunch at 1-Utama and we happen upon a brochure promoting a restaurant. Among the items promoted, only 1 caught my eye which is the Southwestern Chilli Pasta. A long time ago I used to eat chilli pasta rather frequently in a restaurant back in Ipoh but it has since closed down when I am in secondary school. After almost 10 years I thought it would be great to taste it again. Somehow we ended up at 1-Utama again today and I ended up ordering it. I guess it is the best lunch to celebrate the coming Chinese New Year even though it was rather costly. The rest of the day at office ended uneventfully as most of us are really in the holiday mood. Personally, I was only waiting for time to pass while fiddling with my current project.

However, today I manage to come up with some rather interesting topics. I guess it is another wish come through since I was complaining about the lack of it yesterday. As I plough through the numerous Korean music videos daily in Youtube there will surely be a lot of 'What If' thoughts. I guess as a single male, what I yearn for is someone to chase and that is why I am always observing people around me. This is such a strong feeling that some people can never get enough of it. I am sure some of you have heard people addicted to the 'thrill of the chase'. They are not really in love with you but they just enjoy the courting process. In a loose sense, males are more or less wired to care for the opposite sex while females like the attention in different ways. Some females like to be protected, some just like the companionship while some likes a rival of some sort.

This concept have been explored in numerous dramas and movies but I guess few have really thought about it in our reality. I can say I have honestly been in love with a person in my social circle before but I guess it worked out for the best as I am still not prepared at that time. I wouldn't say I am prepared now but it should be better than previously. It is rather naive to think that I would be successful in my first relationship. Of course I hope that I will not waste my partner's time, energy and feelings. But perhaps this fear of not being able to deliver, causing another person great sadness that prevents me the most from casually entering a relationship. It is a good and bad thing. Well, I think it would be best when I am very sure of my feelings.

Earlier I managed to catch the last episode of a Korean drama on Astro. Thankfully it concluded today because my house in Ipoh do not have Astro and only very limited internet access. I could not download the episode even if I found it. Anyway it was a happy ending but a certain aspect of it is very meaningful. The female character gave the male lead a key necklace towards the end and I think it is a powerful symbol. Instead of a ring or anything of that sort, a key shows she trusts him with all her heart. In return, the male lead must fulfil his promise which he does with much gusto. A simple gesture may mean a lot to another and it is seldom to see a female to take the initiative. Well this highlights the fact that communication is very important. The male lead has no hesitation left and proposed properly to which the female accepts.

Tonight is the night before I head back to Ipoh for a 9 day break. Feels rather good knowing that work is over and I can just idle around. However, I need to wake up around 7 tomorrow either way so I need to sleep soon. It is actually much more earlier than the usual time. I can only hope that public transport won't be as packed due to it being a Friday and so close to Chinese New Year. I am still rather worried about the amount of weight I will pack on. I have been observing my reflection on the glass door and obviously there are still major work to be done. Well, I can't rush this kind of things. I am not so sure if I could blog daily during the Chinese New Year either. I can only try my best. Take care and enjoy Friday!!!

No comments: