Wednesday, January 18, 2012

What is cute?

Badminton earlier was a bit different to me. First of all, I think I have played a lot but my body feels otherwise. I mean my shirt is kinda wet but I do not feel that tired. Maybe I didn't play that much after all. Well it is a good break for my body then. Badminton is oftentimes a casual sport considering the environment I play in as well as my own mindset. Playing for victory all the time is stressful and sometimes even unhealthy for friendships and rivalries. If the ball is too hard to save, I just let it go. It is more fun to be doing what you like best. Sometimes I attempt trick shots and even though I lost the game, I still gain valuable experience. Furthermore it is not possible to achieve improvement in the game when I only play once a week. However, it doesn't seem like some of us think the same way so I will try my best nonetheless.

Though this time around I think it was the first time I partnered with a girl I had my eyes on for a while. I wouldn't say I am interested in having a relationship with her I think but she does attract my curiosity. From the weird way of her serving to the various reactions she gives during a game, I find her a joy to observe. I don't feel she is over-doing it. Maybe I am biased I am not so sure myself. She is not exactly pretty and she is kinda petite. Perhaps it is just a little sister complex I developed. Well it sounds creepy but I never actually cared for a female for real before. More like I never had the chance. I grew up with my brother and grew up in an all-boys school. First encounter with females was during tuition and later when I reach form 6. Most of the girls I meet are either quiet or tomboyish. I never knew really 'feminine' girls until I was much older.

Speaking of reactions, this would inevitably lead to my opinion on people who act cute. I can never really pinpoint why some people can act cute and we find it attractive while others we simply want to punch the person. It just seems so wrong sometimes. I think only qualified psychologists could even hope to come up with some kind of valid explanation. But for me, personally, I think it is easy to see if it is natural or not. Some people are obviously over-doing it and it becomes annoying I think. Another reason I could think of is perhaps facial features? I mean someone with a pleasant smile already looks cute naturally? I do not mean this as an insult, but I myself do not have a good smile either so I guess physical features do play a role in this matter.

Most guys typically enjoy the presence of a girl that can act cute properly since it is rather amusing at times. Some might even find it comforting. So I would say it is a very useful skill for a female to have. But do bear in mind that what guys find amusing or attractive may not be what that is expected from a partner. Not all guys are built the same with the same tastes in women so I cannot really provide a general statement accurately. Even though it is easier for a guy to misunderstand a girl's behaviour, attitude or reaction, the same may happen vice-versa as well. The things that happen in dramas that we watch actually is based on reality to a certain extent. Furthermore, there is no telling what will happen in life. Whatever scenario that we humans can think of, there is still a slim chance of it happening.

Somehow I actually managed to complete this blog post without cutting it short. Recently it really has been boring. I doubt I have everything figured out already but when nothing happens, it is hard for me to get philosophical. I am not asking for bad things to happen to me because I can talk about good stuff too. Maybe I will need to dig into my past soon enough but I think being able to avoid it is a good sign. Means I am living for the future instead of always thinking about the past. That is how it should be right? Take care and enjoy Thursday!!

No comments: