Friday, January 20, 2012

Trips and posers

I am going to keep this short due to the limited amount of Internet time I have at Ipoh. Yes, I am already at Ipoh. The trip today was very very tiring. But I guess it is common when you are travelling so close to Chinese New Year. Earlier I went to the pasar malam or night market near my house in Ipoh after such a long hiatus. The weather was very kind to me and it was great to see everything so familiar and yet so refreshing. As I take in the sights, I notice there were a lot of males walking around with jacket, accessories and idol hairstyle. To me I think it is a bit too much for the pasar malam. I guess everyone goes through that phase. When we are still unsure of ourselves, we try to stand out and we try to imitate what we think is cool. As we grow up, I think our dress sense becomes more sensible too. Appearances are not everything and tastes change as time passes by.

Anyway the girls still look awesome though they are much too young for me now. In the future all of them will be 'exported' elsewhere. But I still pay more attention to the girl in a dirty shirt helping her mother tending the store instead of the hot chick in spaghetti strap top. I guess I appreciate a capable person much more than someone that looks capable only. Perhaps it is another way of me showing my support of the 'do not judge by looks' principle. I am not handsome. But that doesn't mean I cannot take care of you. Judge me only when you know me enough. That's it for today then. I need to help my parents to clean up the house tomorrow. Take care and enjoy Saturday!!!

No comments: