Monday, January 2, 2012

People and new year

Glad to see some people seriously taking up exercise as part of their new year resolution to stay healthy. Even though a healthy diet is equally important but I think giving your body a good sweat every now and then will provide emotional fulfilment as well. Start with a small step and when it feels comfortable, try to take it up another level. To those who hate sweating or sports or heavy exercise, taking a walk daily for 30 minutes should be good enough. Along the way try to stretch a bit, swing your arms or simply hold your stomach in for a while to burn more calories. Anything you do that goes against natural movement helps. Maybe try to stand behind the couch as you watch TV or walk around the room and disturb people during advertisements. Simple activities may add up throughout the day and carry forward to the overall loss at the end of the week.

A lot of people usher in the new year by saying thanks and being grateful for all that has happened. Many are hopeful towards what the new year may bring and spread well-wishes to everyone. Many more shared photos of how they spend their new year and how much fun they had. Sadly, not everything is happy and positive today. Some people were pretty negative the year before and I see no change the year after. They don't really change and helpful advice is not well appreciated so most people just sit and watch as the drama unfolds. I do believe that I once acted that way. Now I understood how pathetic it looks like and hopefully I won't revert back into such a state. I wish to apologize here to all those people that I have offended during my random outbursts and thank you for caring for me.

Today as I go around my business as usual, I notice couples heading into the cybercafe. I don't think there is anything wrong with going to a cybercafe to spend time but majority of females don't really enjoy gaming. Unless she is a good gamer as well, I don't think she enjoys losing or getting frightened or worst, getting yelled at. Nobody likes to be frustrated. Some females I see simply visit facebook or watch drama while their male counterpart kills each other using a cyber avatar. Maybe it is acceptable if it is a rare occurrence but if this is how dates usually end up, I don't think there will be healthy progress in the relationship. However, who am I to comment? Maybe you can label me as naive, but that is how I see things around me. Come on, that can't possibly be a plan right? Seems like someone didn't spare much thought to me.

I do admit previously I hope my future partner will be a gamer. However I wish to retract that statement. Honestly, I hope my partner will be the one to keep me on track instead of indulging in unhealthy activities with me. I do think that obsessive gaming for long periods of time is bad. This is a trend I notice among some couples I know. They tend to form 'toxic' relationships. Imagine what happens when 2 chain smokers get together. They will never run out of cigarettes I am sure. Same thing for 2 party-goers or heavy drinkers. They will mutually destroy each other and I don't think it is something good. Maybe it is better to pair up with someone reliable, responsible and is a 'goody two shoes'. We tend to ignore advice that targets our own well-being but we may go the extra mile if it was for someone else that we care deeply about.

Perhaps I am only speaking for myself and it sounds all too idealistic but wouldn't it be nice if it is true? I am always dreaming about the future so why not dream a little bit bigger? Maybe that is why I have a natural dislike for girls that require high emotional attention. I am not against girls that act cute but please do not be needy and childish most of the time. Maybe I just do not have a good sense of humour. The ice queen with the occasional smile blows away the whiny chick that constantly pouts. Just so you know, I am okay with the cheerful girl that is capable of being serious too. If you are angry with me, speak so in a serious manner because we are both adults now and I need to take you seriously too. That is all I want to say, take care and have a nice day!!

No comments: