Monday, January 9, 2012

Workout free post

I think I will stop talking about my exercise routine, how I did and what I will do next. Maybe I talk too much about it. Anyway there isn't much going on in my life currently and thus it actually defaults to the only thing I most commonly talk about. Furthermore it is something that I am really looking forward to. It might even be a declaration that I can't wait to be awesome. However I do understand that being fit and muscular is not everything in being a person, son, friend and hopefully partner in the future. I think I spend almost 1 paragraph talking about not talking about my exercise routine. Perhaps this particular 'talent' can be honed for a greater purpose? Anyway, today I might talk about my current view on my Facebook 'friends'.

We do not really need friends to continue living but because we are social creatures, we feel better interacting with others. According to studies, it is shown to ward off depression and also improve lifespan. I am not implying that my life was horrible but when interacting with the only people available to you becomes painful, then will it contradict the study? In my hundreds of contacts in Facebook, only less than 20 maintain communications with me. Not counting celebrities or idols that I added, the rest are either quiet, has already blocked/deleted me or are people I do not like. So why the hell do I still keep them in my contact list? That is how I got the idea to do a clean up this coming Chinese New Year.

If we are really friends, then I think we will still remain contact with each other. Else, it was 'nice meeting you'. I am sure some of you do not appreciate me spamming the wall update and those more proactive ones would have just erased me. It is always better to keep a wide contact list because you won't know when you will need the person's help. But if you are only going to approach the person when you need help, there is an upwards of 90% chance that you will be ignored. The only time when you will succeed is when there is a worthy trade. But I am not saying this is the best way to go and I am sure a lot of you are calling me crazy. However, I find myself often reminded of unpleasant memories everytime I see an update by a person I dislike. Why do I continue to abuse myself?

There is no point in clinging to the past and life will still go on. I will only keep contacts that I am interested in receiving updates or to simply chat. The year 2012 will be a year of change and it is time to wash away the stains and try to live with a clean slate. It is never too late to live life I think. I might also clean my phonebook and MSN list. As usual, I cannot control it if people want to think that this is a cry for attention but trust me you don't need to be related to me in any way ever again. Some of you might come back and say what if reality has a weird sense of humour? Then I might as well accept and laugh gracefully. There is no one that important in my list and I am not that important to everyone either.

Now that everything has been said, I think tonight I can actually sleep before 1am. The lack of sleep has been pretty hard on me lately. However, I am given new assignments for work recently and my motivation is once more replenished. I feel the best when I accomplish something so by asking me to perform maintenance or checking for errors, my energy level gets low. Whenever a new project or idea needs to be developed, I am hyper. Feels great to be doing 'nothing much' now. Previously I used to force myself to do something even though I don't feel like it just because I don't want to waste time. Now I feel more peaceful and relaxed. But I really should get started on learning Korean. That's it for now and enjoy Tuesday!!

No comments: