Tuesday, January 31, 2012

Holiday blues and me

Now that the holidays are officially over, I guess I am still stuck in holiday mood. The mundane daily routine seems to be very boring now. I hate spending the night in my room. I just want to laze around on the couch, with my laptop nearby while the TV is left on. Nowadays the living room is always occupied. I just want to relax and unwind by watching some funny shows or documentaries or something. Yet here I am staring at the screen with my Facebook on and Korean songs playing. I guess the feel is very much less know especially after experiencing full HD goodness back home. It is almost the same feeling when you went for a vacation on a beautiful land only to come back to an inferior or bland place. Once you have experienced something better, anything less is harder to accept.

I think I am going to keep this blog post short as well. Seems like material is getting less or perhaps I am getting bored of coming up with interesting post titles. One day I am going to bump into the exact same title since there are only so many words I know that can describe my day. But purely using the date is bad for readers because there are no indications of what the post may contain. Nothing much happened at work today. Except for numerous complaints about lack of early salary or bonus. For me, that much is to be expected. I think after working for quite some time in the company, we should learn and know what the management style is already. Hoping that they will change is like hoping that you will strike lottery. The chance is always there only that it is absurdly small.

Many things will change this year. Maybe the office will get a new colleague or two. Or perhaps some will consider leaving? We may never know considering that people nowadays are getting better at hiding their intentions. I for one will stay and observe a bit longer. The lure of money is still not strong enough to separate me from freedom at work and almost zero transportation issues. On the other hand, I managed to get confirmation about my friend from Ipoh moving up to KL later around March. Hopefully with finally a close contact around, my life here will be a bit different. But since I have already been living like this for 2 years, I guess you can say I might have adapted to it so well I don't really care anymore.

During work, in conjunction with the changes in 2012 theme, I finally decided I will cut my hair within 1 year's time. Sure having long hair is awesome and builds character but I guess it is about time for me to style it properly. I will leave it to the stylist to decide if I should keep long hair or cut it short. I mean come on, look at all the Korean superstars. Even the female idols are cutting their hair short and damn they look awesome. My motivation to look better physically burns as bright as the sun now. My legs also hurt like crap now. I guess I overdid the stretching yesterday and I pressed on with the running. I might limp around tomorrow. No pain no gain some might say. Hopefully this pain is not too much for my body. I myself can bear it no problem. But what is the point of exercising at the cost of my health?

Without noticing I have managed to come up with enough content to call this a proper King Wai level blog post. Surprisingly all this came up within 30 minutes instead of the usual 1-2 hour long dawdling. Maybe I am seriously bored and my brain juice is simply itching to flow out. Anyway I have stated my complaints for the day and might as well hope that Chor 9 of the 2012 CNY will bring surprising, happy and fun events to everyone. Even now the firecrackers are still being launched into the air. Now how am I supposed to get rid of holiday mood?

No comments: