Thursday, February 2, 2012

Gloating and me

Before I get to the main point, I think I should settle my daily update and stuff first. Once I start to get philosophical, I tend to continue without restraint. After checking the statistics for this blog, seems like I am getting more and more backdoor links or whatever bloggers call it. Even though it may be a common occurrence and there is nothing much we can do about it, it is somewhat disgusting to know that my blog is abused elsewhere. And the worst part is that I am well aware of it. Anyway, as long as it doesn't harm me or my readers I think it is okay. Earlier, I was wondering if I should promote my blog to get more readers but I think putting it on Facebook and MSN is enough. I shouldn't try to force people to read this.

Today the meeting I mentioned yesterday was cancelled so all my planning and consideration was wasted. Well it is not a total loss but I guess it is fine either way. Today another person support my thoughts about some of the issues I wanted to bring up. It was fun to have a discussion today about how we should promote our company and our services. Felt awesome to come up with ideas and proceeded on adding in all the bells and whistles. Too bad that the chances of it getting real is quite slim. I think I should not complain too much since my colleague just shared an article on Facebook with our boss regarding types of employees they should fire immediately. Among them are non-believers and those that spread ill opinion about the company. I think I fit into both of them nicely at this point.

Back to topic, the thing about gloating is that I seriously cannot take it and still be cool with it. I always wonder how can people actually tolerate such behaviour even though it is so common everywhere. Anyway, this is coming from the recent game of badminton with my colleagues. Yes, winning is important but it interferes with my focus on enjoying the game. Somehow, I will commit more than I am willing to and I will feel bad if I made a mistake that I should not have. Can't they just win graciously and be cool about it? Must they sometimes taunt after a bad shot? Perhaps you can argue that I should not let such a small thing have such a big influence on me but this is just how I am. I mean it is not even a 'correct' action. I should reserve the right to be annoyed by it.

Well, now that the rant is over, the game overall was quite good. I managed to get back into the groove after a week's hiatus but did not really feel a huge improvement in my arm strength compared with last time. The most important part is that I had a good sweat I guess. The meal after was quite special also since we had 'yu sang' and other yummy dishes at a restaurant. The price was acceptable as well. However, I think I ate too much and also it was rather late when the food finally arrived. Guess that is my weekly indulgence already. Tomorrow I shall rest my body properly and hopefully by Friday I will be good to go. I might need to consider switching out my long distance running routine though since there are more articles promoting interval training.

This coming weekend is a long weekend and I still haven't decide to stay here or go back Ipoh. It is more of a 'luxury' choice because it is not like I will rot and die if I stay here. There are so many things to do. Too bad about the new TV my housemate bought not having a video player function. Else, it would be HD everyday. I am a simple person with simple needs hoping for simple luxuries some people overlook. Maybe the reason why I am so obsessed with it is because it is actually something I can really invest on. For example, I am interested in gaming but I have no access to a good gaming machine or stable internet line. Simply watching HD movies or Korean idols is a different story. They are everywhere now. This is all from me today, take care and enjoy Thursday!!!

No comments: