Saturday, December 31, 2011

Happy NEW YEAR 2012

The new year is here!!! Everyone is hyper and jumping up and down and screaming and banging their heads somewhere. Perhaps I am only saying this because I do not have any plans for countdown but using the day as an excuse to overspend and tire yourself out is not advisable. I dare to gamble that many people will be complaining of being sick, fatigued or some other predicament that may be caused by the celebrations today. Might I add that road blocks will be in full force today so please check your alcohol level and fasten your seatbelts. Now that I am done with being a spoilsport, I want to say I am not happy. However, I am not sad either. It is ridiculous to even lie that I am enjoying my time in my room but I wouldn't say I am sad. I just learn to deal with my circumstances and do what is best.

Yes, I went exercise again. Somehow it grants me a nice feeling as I sit in my room after an awesome bath and my body just relaxes and cherish the bed. I wonder if I am over-exercising nowadays. Currently I am testing if my body can handle light exercise on my off days and continue with the routine as usual. Light exercise include walking around the park and simple stretching. I hope it would keep my body revved up and recover faster. Now I am skipping even my weekend breakfast binge. No more wanton mee or american breakfast. Chocolate milk and fibre biscuits now. I would say I have a very obsessive behaviour when I really do set my sights on something. Hopefully I won't be trying too hard when I am chasing a girl later on else I might scare her away with my enthusiasm.

To repeat what I mentioned on Christmas, do not wait until special days to pull off special events for you and your loved ones. Try to make things random and perhaps plan something in the middle of March for example when it is boring and lame. Recently I managed to chat with an old acquaintance of mine who complained about feeling 'lost'. He doesn't know what he wants to do, what he is supposed to do and daily life has become a chore. I think I felt the exact same way while I was working my first job but perhaps our reasons differ. When you do not have someone to make your life interesting, do it yourself. You can't possibly hope someone will always be there to cheer you up and plan happening events do you? Kind of idealistic if you ask me. Cook up some small projects and track their progress. Find satisfaction in the small things you do and reflect on personal accomplishments whenever possible.

However, usually the problem is to get all fired up to do something. Sometimes it is hard to continue whatever that you enjoy doing with the trials and tribulations of daily life. I realize that I am very privileged to be able to even 'enjoy' the things that I do now. I enjoy listening to Korean songs, watching anime and exercising in pursuit of my goal. Sounds easy but I can tell you it is not easy to feel real enjoyment in things you like. I like to play computer games but I don't like it when I am playing in the company of people I do not like or games that I am not good at. Some people are not even sure what they actually like. If at any moment that you think you should be doing something else or be somewhere else, you are not enjoying yourself. Worst possible ending? You regret wasting your time. Finding what you really like is as hard as finding your purpose in life I guess.

I don't dare to say I have found my purpose in life yet. Maybe it is as simple as making my partner happy and establish a healthy family. Maybe it is to establish my own company and rule the market. I wouldn't think too far yet. I would rather concentrate on what is in front of me or risk losing it forever. Nobody is rushing me or you so why not take things as they come? Plans are good but there is always the risk of disappointment so why not be more flexible? I realize I am giving rather obvious advice and perhaps it may not be possible for some of you to follow due to numerous circumstances but please try. Is it worth all the negativity and regret to continue your cause? Everything in life has a price to pay and being happy has a hefty price tag too. Perhaps I am already paying for it in ways that I couldn't imagine but I think I won't be regretting it. Cheers to 2012 and a HAPPY NEW YEAR people!!!!

No comments: