Saturday, December 17, 2011

Blog post title and faith

Apparently, my blog viewership changes according to how interesting the current blog post title is. Well I think that is only natural considering the title gives you an overview of that the post is all about. But I shouldn't lie to people in such a public domain just so I could feel pleased looking at the statistics table. This is a purely personal blog without monetizing ads. If I wanted to get paid for what I write, might as well write a novel or something judging by how good I am at dragging things out. Previously when I was still being emo and miserable, my blog posts are frequently about life, fate and all other abstract stuff. I question everything trying to find out why shit happens. A friend tried to get those posts into the university hostel magazine but it was shot down due to the contents being too sensitive.

History aside, I am here to confess that the Korean wave has completely taken over me. Perhaps I was holding it back too much previously and now all hell breaks loose as I open myself to whatever the entertainment industry in South Korea has to offer. Daily I find myself looking for entertaining clips of variety shows or awesome live performances of Korean idols. I pride myself in knowing the names of not only the arguably most popular girl group in Korea but also a lot of other performers. I try to always live without setting too many standards for myself to avoid limiting my own possibilities. Therefore I pay attention to the entire K-pop landscape and dammit now I am hooked. The things that they do are so entertaining and funny and most importantly it seems natural and unscripted. Like I mentioned before, if whatever they do in those variety shows are scripted, ALL of them should deserve an award.

It is a good thing to have something occupying my mind instead of all those negativity. Time seems to pass by easier, faster, and perhaps more meaningful to a certain extent. Thanks to the Korean influence, I can't help but envy those people and decided to ramp up my workout. So far I gained weight which I doubt is muscle though. I have also decided to try learning Korean next year by myself. It is always good to be constantly improving myself but most importantly is I need a reason or a strong enough motivation to actually make an effort. I see no harm to be driven by an innocent dream such as getting to know those celebrities but hopefully I will not be completely consumed by it. I still have my own life to live and people to answer to.

Having a target or a desire is what makes us grow. In pursuit of what we want instead of being completely satisfied with what we have is the driving force to do more and to go even further. There is nothing wrong with people deciding to just settle down and live out the rest of their lives peacefully. It is just that I personally do not agree with such way of thinking. Why do people simply stop fighting? Are they tired? Is there a strong enough reason to totally throw away the possibility of improving your life a bit more? It is because they are already happy now? Now I am going into forbidden territory. I know it is not my place to question 'god' but there are plans for everyone and wouldn't it be kinda sad if the 'plan' is to be mediocre? But most importantly is the person should be able to achieve happiness. Some people are rich and famous but never happy. However, if the reward for following the 'plan' is being blessed with fulfilment, that means we should accept our fate quietly. Anyway if I actually understood all this I would be a priest or something already.

There are still some items that I left out from today's post but I think the amount of personal and thought-provoking content is just nice. I wonder how much longer I can last? Blogging is still enjoyable for now but I will eventually run out of things to talk about I think. Oh yeah, revisiting what I mentioned yesterday, something awesome did happen today. Looks like I can never predict reality after all. Maybe if I keep on making negative assumptions of what is going to happen the next day I can enjoy my daily life. Hope you enjoy the read and enjoy Sunday!

No comments: