Tuesday, December 13, 2011

Shopping and chores

I was planning to start writing this post before 12 but thanks to the various distractions available on the net, it is next to impossible. I am quite tired today but luckily I decided against playing any games that require intense concentration and so I feel better now compared to yesterday. However my body is once again damaged as I was too stubborn to admit that I am not in form to repeat Friday's workout. I don't mean suffering from a sprained ankle or any visible physical injury but more towards overall bodily functions as I am sure I overdid it and I will suffer tomorrow. At least I enjoyed the shower, the meal and I can't wait to lie down on my bed to rest my tired body. Those are some of the more immediate effects of a thorough workout that I enjoy. Even though it is pretty much impossible to gain a 6-pack in the near future, I am constantly working towards it and even if I fail, I still manage to boost my health and fitness. Having a fit body is part of my list of things to do before I am 30. Previously I wasn't able to focus much on this as my first job requires me to go home rather late and I do not want to spend my money at the gym. Anyway I am not looking to be the next Chris Hemsworth as I see bulging biceps as kinda ugly so I think outdoor exercise is as good as it gets.

I will stop with my trips down memory lane and there are no 'requests' from the few readers I have so I might as well blog about what happened today. First of all, it was a holiday for me as my company's HQ is located in Selangor and it is the Sultan of Selangor's birthday. Some of my friends have to go work and it is almost irresistible to go tease them about it on Facebook. My housemate however is departing to Australia to attend his brother's graduation ceremony. For the duration of this week, I will be without a partner in Call Of Duty games and without the planner for yumcha as it usually involves him and his fun-loving colleagues. Well, life goes on and I will have to make do without the usual night activities. When his brother comes home though, there will be hell once more at the local cybercafe as the 3 nightmare patrons will once again create chaos. Usually we are just being loud and hysterical but people did complain about us once in a different cybercafe.

After a brief farewell, I start my day properly as lunch time approaches. Even though I finished my grocery shopping yesterday, I actually have other things to buy at Tropicana City Mall and so I start things off with economy rice lunch. The place was freaking packed but luckily I managed to share a table with an elderly uncle who was enjoying his curry mee. As we are eating, another uncle came and asked for a seat as well. I finished my meal and made my exit while feeling that it was cool when everyone is civilized. Once I reached my destination, I decided to have a look around before I make a purchase just to check things out. Among the things that I need to buy is a Christmas present for the company celebration this coming Friday, a replacement headset and also apples as part of my new diet plan. Without wasting time I head to gift shops to survey the current promotions and prices. To my surprise, Christmas cards are really really expensive nowadays. But it would be awesome to actually get a card just like the old days.

Now it is time for me to be honest. My Christmas present is meant for a female colleague which was determined via lucky draw. Can't say that I am very lucky but it would be an insult if I said otherwise. However I find myself thinking what I will buy if it was meant for the girl I admire. No, I am not interested in any girl within my social circle right now but it is about the celebrity crush that I am currently experiencing. Anyway I will just put '' whenever I mention her. I think it is not wrong to pick a nice gift and think about it thoroughly like you mean it. Don't worry about misunderstandings and relationship issues as I already had plenty of experience in those. I will be skipping jewellery or anything that even smells interesting. As I browsed through the choices, I keep on thinking how 'she' would react to it. Once I made the choice, thoughts of 'her' never really subsided. Sure it sounds creepy but I just view it as harmless entertainment for the single guy. It helps to have something to like right?

Satisfied with my purchase, I double-checked the contents and walked over to the IT store. I found my old headsets but decided against buying the same product again. Time to try something new. This time I bought those ear plug-in headsets which cost a bit more but I wanted to see for myself if it is really different from common headsets. Once done, I take one last gaze around before heading over to the exit. It is not until I am halfway back home that I realized I forgot the apples. There is no way I will be walking all the way back to Tropicana so I just wanted to try out my new headphones as soon as possible. It took quite some time to tinker with the sound settings which is kinda weird but in the end I managed to make them perform nicely. Even now they are snugly fit in my ears as I enjoy my songs in a different setting. I wouldn't say it is very very good but it is something different to me. Playing games with them on is quite awesome too but it would be unfair to my old headsets as I never really compare them side by side.

The evening passed by quickly as I go about my usual exercise routine. As I return to my room feeling exhausted I quickly prepared water laced with Oral Rehydration Salt to prevent my condition from deteriorating further. Functions about the same way as 100 plus only it is cheaper and without the fizz. I took my time to take a short bath and rest up before I eventually move out to have my dinner. At the coffeeshop, I managed to witness a guy whose car is only partially blocked by another car got so frustrated that he called the police to handle it. All the patrons were standing up and staring while most of them whispered saying that the car wasn't really blocked at all. I agree with the patrons. Sometimes we do all kinds of unexplainable things when we can't think properly. Calling the cops for something like this? I am surprised they didn't slam the dude for abusing the taxpayers' money. I went to have a walk to the cybercafe before it was resolved. In the end, apparently the dude managed to get out and there were 3 police car units dispatched there. I can only grin to myself as I walk back home sighing.

And thus that concludes my day. I feel like I managed to accomplish many things today but there are always many more things to do. Finishing up chores is actually quite fulfilling and well they need to be done eventually. We should all try our best to avoid procrastinating though I am a pretty big hypocrite on this. It is 1 AM now and not only will my body suffer, my brain will be numb tomorrow too. I blame my brand new headphones, Facebook, Youtube and MSN Messenger. This is it from me and have a nice day tomorrow!

No comments: