Thursday, December 22, 2011

Korean-free post

I am sitting here blogging late at night and I still haven't packed my things for tomorrow. Though most of it is just throwing everything into the big black bag, I am afraid I may miss out something. The reason why I am still awake is because I just came back from an early birthday celebration with other colleagues not long ago. There were 3 of us with 2 being 23rd and another at 25th so might as well do it in one shot. All of us had fun and I practically destroyed all my dieting efforts for this week with 30 minutes worth of food and 2 hours worth of drinks. Me being in Ipoh until the next Thursday is only going to make things worst. Maybe I could sneak in some exercise at hometown but who am I kidding anyway?

Today few of my friends actually read my blogpost yesterday and it was fun knowing my social experiment worked. Putting an embarrassing title with korean words work wonders in attracting people. That is the problem with blogs. It is the place where I write down my personal opinions and feelings but also I want people to read it. Well I will need to practice being shameless since there is no telling when it will be useful. I also need to practice being brave enough to admit my feelings though usually it is kinda uncomfortable. Perhaps I treat a blog as a buffer for people to understand me better.

Maybe I should stop describing my Korean infatuation for a while. However, my head can't really think of anything interesting to talk about. Earlier a lot of my personal secrets and stories came gushing out as I find the crowd was the perfect place to talk about those and laugh about it. It has been quite some time since I had such a gathering. As you all know, I came here practically alone. I wasn't that close to anyone during university and those that I am close with either left the country or working in another state. Such is the weird fate that befalls me. Standard 1 to Standard 6 I have a core group of friends. When I reach form 1, we separated either to different schools or at least different classes. When I reach form 4, we separated further. It doesn't help that somehow almost everyone stays far away from me so hanging out was unheard of except for sports at school compound.

Furthermore more and more new people keep entering my life. It doesn't help that I try so hard to be friends with everyone. Most probably because I lost so many friends as well. At that time I think my weird temperament and attitude haven't matured yet so I don't think I offended them. Usually it is due to circumstances. When I reach form 6, there was also separation as student with good results usually jump straight to university or colleges. I stayed back for form 6 and girls were introduced which created all sorts of havoc. My first experience of love and despair happened at that period of my life. During my first year at university I was still quite a recluse and didn't talk or smile much according to some people. I only knew Dota. I blogged about this before but it was only through Dota I managed to scrape through.

During my secondary school days, I met another group of friends in the neighbourhood. That exact same group remained until this day even though some of us are working elsewhere. Well, we just happened to play the same games and co-operated well. After those games we introduced ourselves and went for yumcha session to discuss what transpired earlier. From that day onwards, it was something to look forward to and the cybercafe became our hangout. Perhaps they are always there and we spend a lot of time together that the friendship remained strong to stand the test of time. They were the only group that I actually share accomplishments with. Felt as though I went through a lot with them. Best part? We called each other our in-game nicknames for at least a year. One of them, I still don't know his entire real name.

I can really feel the passing of time as almost all of us are in the workforce and one of them actually got married and is expecting a baby soon. You can see the entire group in my photo album in Facebook where we wore all red. So the question of the day is how did you met your friends? Are they simply your friends because all of you went to school together? Think about it a bit and see if you remember. What is the most significant thing that the group did? If the question sounds like what old people would ask themselves I admit I am getting old. But never hurts to reflect and count your blessings. Maybe one day I will blog about my university life but for long time followers, perhaps it will serve as a trip down memory lane. It is already 1am and that's it from me. Take care and enjoy Thursday!

No comments: