Tuesday, December 27, 2011

Boxing Day 2011~

I admit I couldn't really come up with a better title. As usual, nothing much happened today at home. Today is the last of the holidays for most people including my brother. I will be staying here until Thursday though. It was fun messing around with him even though usually we end up bickering. I think he is the only one that can seriously stand me but it is not like he has a choice does he? The whole family will be waking up early tomorrow to send him off at the train station. Anyway it is just a short time until the New Year so I think productivity in offices will be close to zero. It may even be a good thing to get back to work since colleagues can share stories and Christmas goodies. It all depends on how you view things actually.

I might sound that I am too clingy to my family but well accidents aside, the time with them is rather limited. Especially now that me and my bro is working, we seldom get to gather together and spend time. I hope it is understandable that I choose to spend the exact holiday with my family instead of friends cause personally I think it is more meaningful that way. The same reason why people spend the first day of the Chinese New Year at home with their family if there are no unnatural circumstances. Perhaps I am considered very traditional but I have lost a close relative before and I hope I can spend more time with the family. However, I do have my own life so it won't be 24/7 with them unless there is a solid reason. For example, I stayed home this few days cause my brother will go back KL tomorrow.

I will spend the New Year celebrations in KL at the end of this week. I do not have high hopes for how the thing will end since I am very well aware of my current situation and circumstances. Most probably I will be alone in my room and surfing the Internet and blogging. I am, after all, a foreigner in KL. My family and my close friends are all based in Ipoh. New friends I made in KL all have their own established social circles already so it is pretty much impossible for me to penetrate it easily. Those who are married is even harder for me to get close with since their family means the whole world to them. Of course I do not mean married females. Usually I stay far away from them. However, I do hope I could go around those shopping complexes and check out the celebration preparations there. I hate traffic and I will be alone so I don't think I will be counting down outside.

Nowadays having days off is already a good enough blessing for me. Sometimes when you are being too occupied with your life, especially your social life, you tend to get carried away by the current. You do not have enough time to think things through or to reflect on your current situation and status. I think it is always good to keep yourself in check or we might risk getting into an irreversible situation. Off days usually means I could do whatever I want, whenever I want, however I want. And also more time alone to be spent thinking stuff. Learning to avoid the negative bits is the hard part. But I think the rewards outweigh the risks. Sometimes, by getting negative you realize there is still much more to fix in your life. The next step is up to you, your willpower and your way of thinking.

This post is seriously getting boring since I am already yawning while reading through it as a brief spell checking exercise. The parts about me spending time alone is not meant to invite pity but that is just how it is and I have come to accept those as reality and as facts. It is a great lie if I were to say I am happy that I am alone but I will appreciate your silence as a gesture of support for myself. Each person deal with their problems in their own way. I am guilty of this too but try to refrain from dispensing sagely advice everywhere even though it is correct. People who are suffering from great distress tends to be irrational. Ending this on a happy note, take care and enjoy Tuesday!!!

No comments: