Saturday, December 31, 2011

Pictures and exercise

It is kinda hard to believe that in less than 24 hours the new year is dawning. Things are too quiet and routine around here. Somehow the reality of the situation has not set in and I am treating today just like any other Friday. There wasn't much work done today due to holiday mood. Most of my colleagues are on leave. We did went on an expensive lunch just for the heck of it. After all, today is the last working day of 2011. Therefore, to commemorate the day, I decided to use the company laptop's webcam to take a photo of me looking grumpy at work. Now the picture is in MSN and also Facebook. I guess it is time for me to update my profile photo anyway. Maybe I should make a new year resolution to take more pictures of myself. Perhaps then I will be able to make better poses for the camera when the need arises.

Speaking of photos, I have decided to take one that shows my current body figure. It is rather shameless but I really do intend to keep my promise of keeping fit. So might as well start keeping progress photos at monthly intervals. I was holding my breath by the way.



So as you can see, it is still work in progress. But I think it is a huge difference from how I look 8 months ago. I started exercising when I started my current job around the middle of April. Since then, I have never stepped into a gym or purposely change my diet except for skipping unhealthy snacks and supper. I prefer the natural way of working out though the results are rather slow. Maybe I really need to consider joining a gym if I intend to achieve my goal. I will continue my current regime for another 3 months and now with this monthly progress thing, I can track changes clearly. My weight has somewhat stabilized at 76kg. My height is 177 cm if some of you are curious and my BMI is actually slightly overweight.

Currently I am attempting to cut down on the food I eat in order to trim my abdominal fat. I think some muscle already exist in there but the fat is blocking the view. I am still maintaining the same exercise routine with increasing run distance. I still refuse to bump up my arm exercise because I am trying to keep them toned but small. I am not a fan of balloon biceps and I think large arms look ridiculous on my frame. Furthermore if my upper body starts to get huge, I really will look like a bouncer since my face naturally looks hostile. Nowadays I will start incorporating impromptu stretches and exercise into room activities. However I am still wondering how to benefit from those 9 hours in the office. Sitting whole day long won't burn calories and might increase my butt size. Surprisingly my legs are toned now but my ass still looks the same. I do not have pictures.

Earlier a friend of mine mentioned that it will take years for a person to actually have a good looking body. To me, that sounds just like a challenge and I will remember it as motivation for myself. It took me 8 months to have this basic body figure and even if it takes another year, I would still have done it in under 2 years. Time limit aside, I would also be healthier than most of my peers especially those of my age. There is nothing to lose and much to gain so hopefully readers will also spare a thought for making health a priority in the coming year. That's it from me and enjoy the last day of 2011!!!!

No comments: