Saturday, December 24, 2011

Christmas 2011~

This post started with the title of Christmas Eve 2011 but I realize by the time I am done it will already be Christmas anyway. I find that my time in Ipoh has become slow and relaxing. Most probably because there is nothing much to do and I am almost done with whatever I need to settle in Ipoh. However I find I have been eating much more food due to the sheer abundance of it. Yes, I dare say nothing outside could compare to a home-cooked meal by my mum and her trademark soup. However, I still need to take care of my diet else it would postpone my efforts to have a fit body. Earlier for dinner, I actually tackled 3 lamb chops with a mixture of guinness stout and kampai. Now I am seriously very sleepy but no regrets for that.

Observing what my Facebook wall shows, people are celebrating Christmas being happy and being sad. I do wonder why people still feel bad on Christmas. But I am not one to forget my past and I admit I was the same some time ago. Of course it is never happy to be alone, but sometimes you just need to make do with whatever you can. I know I have no right to say something like this as I am sitting in the comfort of my hometown but life is how you make it to be. I have come to be more accepting and instead focus on the future and what else will happen. Well oftentimes it is also how much we care about the day. If you are really celebrating Christmas, most probably you would find a way to be at home. Else, if you purposely chose to be outside and you are complaining of being alone and miserable, I have nothing to say.

Well not everything looks grim so far. I have seen my fair share of happy photos and status updates. Especially Christmas dinner photos. I will hopefully be able to upload the pile of chicken and lamb chops my family had for dinner later on or perhaps just leave it for tomorrow. A lot of people are having fun with their partners and friends right this moment partying somewhere. It is always good to party especially now with a solid reason but it is not a reason to do something you will regret the day after. Well somehow things cannot be avoided especially when you are drunk halfway to Tuesday but try at least be rational enough to not take pills.

However special days should have special moments as well. Memories created on special days are easier to be remembered and have a deeper impact. It will be talked about for days to come and it will most probably be immortalised in a Facebook album somewhere. It will be an easy anniversary date too. Days like this will serve to be a reminder of what is important, what you hope for in the future and what you have been doing must be correct. If it is possible though, why limit special moments to special days? Everyday is a new day and I do believe it has the same value as any other festival. This is how life should be interesting and in making the life of another special, I think you would find yourself to be smiling as well. Perhaps I have been under the influence of songs for too long but I think it is not a bad thing.

I think I already started rambling since my brain is rather numb now. My body is still feeling the pain from yesterday's exercise routine too. The Christmas fireworks can still be heard within the confines of the living room in the house. I do not regret or mind missing out on the sights and sounds since I already have made a choice. If some people do feel they are left out, remember this, you can't be everywhere everytime with everyone. A decision has to be made and might as well make the best out of it right? Living with an answer is always better with living blindly and blaming blindly. If you feel you were 'forced' to make the decision, try to reflect on it and learn. Or perhaps you never bothered to make one and you just kind of 'settled' for the default decision? I made that mistake before. Anyhow, I wish everyone have a memorable and awesome Christmas!!

No comments: