Thursday, December 8, 2011

Perspective

I have been thinking a lot today and I feel that restarting the blog around this time is a good thing since I can take this chance to go through what I did this year in preparation for next year. I will try to blog daily. Sounds impossible but I actually did that before when I was younger. Thankfully, all traces of that blog have been erased with the recent reboot of Friendster. FYI, I also deleted a year's worth of posts from this current blog. Even I cannot stand reading those posts again.

Anyway, today was one of those days when I get easily annoyed and brood over things. Maybe it was due to my latest attempt to diet? Usually it fails horribly. Now just see how long it will last. When I starve, my mood nosedives into the abyss and I snap at people. So usually I will try to avoid any conversation or interaction with anyone to avoid making a mistake I will regret. Hopefully amidst my recent rampage I did not stomp on anyone's tail horribly.

Daily update aside, I will try to report what happened in the 2 days that I was working at TeenFest as promised. Yes, I was only at the event on Saturday and Sunday. It was Saturday morning and previously it was already discussed that a fellow colleague will fetch me to Midvalley as I made a request for it. I am thankful for that since I really dislike taking public transportation to and from such a densely-packed place, especially when it is closing time and I am tired. Minor details aside, eventually we arrived at our destination and well, it is just as I expect how it would be. Only this time, thanks to SMM, there was a huge stage and computers being set up on it. Once we are done setting up the booth and the rest of our colleagues came, I managed to sneak around the entire TeenFest event as it was still early. There were many interesting booths and also most of the promoters and staff are busy getting ready. I didn't manage to catch any of my friends at the booths though. Some of the game girls were playing around and taking pictures with each other especially the veterans getting to know the newbies. Back at my company's booth, I started chatting up my colleagues from a different office since we seldom see each other face to face. Sometimes our idle banter gets interrupted by visitors or the staff of another booth who would like to play the job personality card game. Of course we obliged as it is what we are supposed to do. Putting troublesome aside, I also get to converse with other people which is something that I enjoy doing. I don't really look that part do I?

The day went on without anything much happening but I did sneak off to catch a glimpse of some of the teams competing on the SMM stage. Managed to peek at the popular all-female team from Singapore, PMS|Asterisk*. Never thought I will be able to see them for real so it was something special to me. Oftentimes I will stare at the other booths or some of the promoters just to rest my gaze. And here comes the question, does that automatically make me a pervert? I guess being labelled a typical male is correct but the definition of a typical male could be that of a pervert as well. I don't really know about other males, but I do not enjoy being called that. Even if in the context of a joke, it gets old after a few times. Is it wrong to hold interest in looking at people I find attractive or interesting? Granted people that judge me are not psychic so they are free to assume that I am fantasizing something else. A colleague of mine actually stopped taking pictures of cosplayers just to avoid being labelled as a pervert. Like I mentioned earlier, even as a joke, it does not mean the others that hear that will know it was a joke. From there, the 'joke' might spread and thus my neutral image can be simply destroyed. I am sure nobody appreciates being judged and labelled something without a chance to even defend themselves. Each time I tried to rebuke it, they just said 'Whatever' and giggled. Yes it is very frustrating. Perhaps I am making a fuss over something small but our perspective is different. Anyway I felt disappointed as much as I felt irritated. Now I just try to avoid meaningless conversation whenever possible, to avoid a confrontation once I had enough. It is a pity that what could be a healthy friendship be reduced to such a mess.

I know most probably I will be flamed over such remarks but I still think it holds some truth. To close things off, the rest of the day at TeenFest was peaceful and enjoyable. Me and my colleagues even joined a simple dance event. Lunch and dinner is nothing to talk about though, just food court fare. I didn't have the chance to enjoy as much as I did last year but it was good enough to have an 'Exhibitor' pass and rounding the site a few times during my free time. The next day got more interesting as the SMM finals are held and politicians actually visited our booth followed by a group of media people. That is all for today and have a nice day tomorrow~!

No comments: