Friday, December 16, 2011

Christmas and people

Hohoho, managed to finished everything early and since I don't really have much to do why not start my blog post then? There are just too many things to mention here so I will need to choose what to say as I do not want to overflow again. To start things off, the Christmas party at my company was a success! I believe everyone enjoyed the food and I don't think there were any prank gifts this time around. Nice to see that everyone really took the time and effort to choose a suitable gift for their respective recipient. I will have to change how I view my colleagues already but I still should keep my guard up just in case. I wish to thank the person that sent me the gift, it sure sweeten my day!!

However, my identity of my colleague's secret santa was exposed by one of the organisers much to my dismay. The best part is I wasn't aware that she knew and I still approached and asked about what she got as a gift. Imagine the embarrassment once I realized what has actually transpired. I guess there isn't actual harm in her finding out but I just didn't want to risk anything that will change the current existing friendship we share. I am okay with that distance. And I am awkward with gratitude and stuff so I tend to stay away. Many things happened in the past that made me feel like that. Furthermore, there is still the issue about how I chose the gift. In the end, referring to yesterday's post, I am still lying to people. I guess it takes time and much more effort on my part to change my personality for the better.

There is one weird thing that happened during the Christmas party. As I marched back to my temporary spot with the rest of my colleagues to eat, it naturally became 'the' spot to be so some other colleagues came over. Soon we were talking rubbish while enjoying our food. But then after that people start to leave to go grab more food or to join another group to chat. I remained with a group of girls there. Soon I noticed some male colleagues drop by and leave after something like a short greeting. It was weird but perhaps he thought he don't fit in with the group or something. However, from the look of things, I just became the bastard who positions himself in a group of girls and chat and laugh and be merry. I remember myself envying that position so many years ago. But what happened today was not intentional and I wasn't really aware of the situation till the party was over and I was back in my office. I think I progressed pretty far in my inter-personal skills.

At that point of time I only thought it was fun chatting with them and they were pretty supportive of my jokes so why not just stay? I am not the gossip type nor the politics type so I couldn't care less about going around to get recent news or something. If it was something important and would affect my work or my pay, I think there will be an official announcement and my other colleagues will be gracious enough to inform me about it. But the core reason would be my natural interest in making girls laugh and smile. Maybe I am attracted to public displays of joy and happiness. I enjoy looking at kids having fun at the playground when I go for jogging. Somehow it calms me down and brightens up my day. Laughter is infectious and a joke only gets funnier when someone shows a hyper reaction to it or adds their own touch to the joke. It helps improve relationships, release stress and a whole lot of other things. Of course there should always be restraint as well as respect in the jokes. To avoid that I usually use myself as the target since I do not want to offend anyone unless I am 100% clear they can take it.

Seems like I reached my quota for the day and I guess some stuff can wait for tomorrow. As much as I would hope that everyday is exciting with happy events, it is most definitely impossible. To all the girls out there, keep smiling and be happy. I think a lot of other males share my opinion that a girl looks the prettiest when she is smiling sweetly, shyly, or trying not to laugh. Why else would we bother to entertain you all the time and trying to come up with stupid jokes? We just want to see you smile and be happy again. Take care and have a great Saturday!! Fighting!!!

No comments: