Friday, December 23, 2011

My birthday

As I sit alone in the living room back in Ipoh, the clock strikes 12 and I am now officially 25 years old. A quarter century year old. How far have I travelled? How much have I grown? Am I worth the 25 years given to me? I can only hope so. I can treat it as just another day in my life but it is a significant milestone nonetheless. Sounds kinda unreal that I am actually 25. Perhaps because there is nothing much to show for it. A lot of thoughts are flooding my brain and whatever I wish to type just comes out all messy now. My life is not mine alone nor is it supposed to be lived for others. However, I need to thank my parents for giving birth to me and bringing me up for most of my life so far. Even now, I still rely on them every now and then to seek advice or just to chat.

Instead of hanging with friends and partying I chose to stay at home to gather my thoughts. I feel more comfortable like this. I feel like my life just started recently since I started all those little projects. Since I started accomplishing things with my life. Now I must see to it that more of those projects are completed. That is the reason I am excited for the future I guess. Even though I am kinda late with learning how to live, at least it is better than never lived before. I do not even have an ounce of regret leaving my first job. I feel it is the best decision I made this year. If I stayed there, I would still be stuck in a cubicle, without a life outside the office, without lively colleagues that matter, without confidence and without a goal. The way I view it now, I wasn't even 'alive' then.

Now I learn how to enjoy and how to view things differently. How to take in everything that life has to offer and try not to miss out any obvious chances. I dare say I changed for the better throughout the past year. And it is a noteworthy achievement for myself and thus worth mentioning on this historic moment of my life. I need to continue accomplishing things so that my life is not wasted. I have wasted enough time to reach where I am now. By realizing the reality I am already 25, I cannot afford to be playful anymore. No more games. I should really be planning for the future, I should really set my priorities straight and I should really be getting a girlfriend soon. My own time left notwithstanding, there is also my parents and the people around me. Relationship issue aside, even if I can wait, the others maybe can't. As time passes by, the weight on my actions and decisions intensify.

I don't really have anything to say anymore. Perhaps just to ask what about you guys? How old are you? What did you feel when your 25th birthday came? Did you feel the same? How do you see your life now? How do you see your life in the future? Do you have any goals you want to accomplish? Do you know what you want to do? Perhaps my thoughts and opinions are influenced by recent happenings but at least I have an answer to all those questions. I am a full grown adult now. It is already expected that I mean what I say now. I am supposed to be a responsible and reliable person now. I am supposed to be strong enough to love, protect and respect now. Wow. Just wow. I will need more time to digest all this. That's it for now though it is rather short. Enjoy Friday!!

No comments: