Wednesday, December 7, 2011

Back for more~

More than a year later and suddenly I decided to continue my blog. Well it is not totally random as I just visited someone's blog and one thing leads to another ~_~ you know the drill hahaha. I can't really remember why I stopped blogging in the first place. Perhaps I am suffering from burnout, blogging so frequently and ended up thinking of it as a chore more than enjoying it. Or perhaps I was very affected by what was happening in my life back then. I do not know if I ever reveal it before because I don't really read my old posts but at this time a year ago I was seriously contemplating leaving my job. Some of my colleagues are facebook friends and I might be afraid they know about this blog. The world is a small place. Even now I find new friends that are already mutual with my existing ones. Many things happen in the office back then, maybe I will revisit it in another post. Now I have at least a whole year's worth of experience to share. Hell I guess I should introduce paragraphs in my blog now.

So catching up with the previous post more than a year ago, I just finished helping out TeenFest at Midvalley and also my obsession with COD: Black Ops. Coincidentally, I also helped out at TeenFest last weekend but with a different purpose and different company. This time I am really working there instead of freelancing and therefore does not have the freedom like last time. And this time, the TeenFest was way more awesome. I was actually depressed once I found out the event planning in TeenFest and I was confined to a booth separated from everything. First of all, it was SMM Grand Finals. I have only heard about it in news articles and stuff and have never attended it. Secondly, the event is larger and have more booths dedicated to games. Lastly, some of my friends are actually working there as promoters. And I am stuck sitting at a booth explaining about job personalities and whatnot. Maybe I should cut things short and separate it into different days like I used to do it a year ago. But a short summary would be, it ain't a total loss and well, I can't have everything go my way can I? It would be weird if it did.

Alright this post is gonna end soon but I have stopped writing for so long, it keeps on coming now that I started again. I used to really enjoy writing. My obsession with COD: Black Ops have migrated to COD: Modern Warfare 3. As usual my obsession is caused by what majority of the gamers share, a feeling of belonging and people appreciating what I do while having fun. You could say it is to boost my own ego. I admit that, but all of us need the confidence pick-me-up once in a while. I am not particularly good in anything nor do I have good friends that could sweet talk me so...If I am capable, why not make myself happy? In Black Ops I can proudly say gamers of the Australian server actually know me. But that was me having a real COD steam account and it felt great growing in the game. Now, in MW3, I simply use a public account provided by the cybercafe, enter a generic nickname and shoot people. I am still a bit green in terms of map memorization but I think I am doing alright. However, there is one thing that never changes which is me getting frustrated when it lags. Oftentimes it was a free kill and due to a connection spike, I missed the chance and was killed instead. Perhaps I am taking the game too seriously, which is not a very good thing.

People that know me long enough can testify I used to scold people in DoTa or get emo when I messed things up. I managed to stop myself from scolding people now, but I usually revert to my old self when I try to really focus on the game. This is pretty evident even in my weekly badminton games nowadays. If I don't focus, I start to slack and have total disregard to winning or losing. If I focus, I invest perhaps too much into it and will take things too seriously. Still got much to learn in terms of self-control. As usual, I have lots more to say but I will try to end this while you people are not bored yet. If you are, thanks for giving face and hope you will visit once more to read my next post.

No comments: